Icon Icon
Pilots N Paws

Doberman Rescue

Two dobes found themselves new homes, and in the process, got lifts from Dave and Suzanne Whitney.

Rocky:

DRNM is Doberman Rescue of New Mexico. Michelle found Rocky on Craigslist and actually paid to get him out of a neglectful situation. He lived in the back yard and got minimal interaction. Michelle lives in Denver but helps out Lone Star Dobe rescue in Texas. Michelle found him a new home in Colorado thru Lone Star and DRNM. So between Michelle, Lone Star, DRNM, & PnP, this pup got to happily ever after!

05RockyMichelle

Rocky and Michelle

06RockyHangar

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

Ray, Sarah, Dave, and Rocky

03RockyFamilyflight

Ranger:

Ranger was an owner-surrender on March 24. Owners said there was a death in the family, they could no longer care for him, nor did they want him any longer. (The things people throw away!)

The shelter staff notified our volunteer in that area, Scott, who picked up Ranger the next day. He fostered him, had him neutered and, although he had fallen in love with Ranger, chose to give him up to a family who really wanted him.

Ranger traveled from Deming to Las Cruces on Wednesday with Pat, where he overnighted before traveling to Albuquerque on Thursday with Marie. After an overnight stay in Albuquerque, which included a late-night visit to the vet for a urinary tract infection, Ranger flew out of Moriarty, NM to Broomfield, CO with Pilots N Paws, where he met his new forever family.

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

15Rangernap

GE DIGITAL CAMERA

6 thoughts on “Doberman Rescue”

1. Wendy says:

Being an owner of Rescue Dobes for over 20 years, I have to say I was excited and delighted to hear this story. I know Rocky loves his new home and many blessings to Pilots and Paws and Rocky’s flying friends Sarah and Dave.

2. tamara meier says:

Wow – it takes a village, eh? I love the snoozling pics. Awesome job, everyone who helped these Dobies to better lives!

3. Jill Jackson-Clark says:

Thanks for all that you do, Dave. Making dreams come true for many pups and many people!

4. Renee Nichols says:

Great job! I live in New Mexico, and some places here won’t let me adopt animals unless I’m in their town or county! I am so happy for this guy! Thanks to all who helped him!!!! :) :)

5. Connie says:

You help to restore my hope for humanity. To love animals as much as you do is a blessing for all those poor neglected, abused and unwanted dogs. That is something I will never understand- an unwanted dog..
    My big boy came from NC and I adopted him from Noah’s Ark in Nj. He is a beautifully marked Plott Hound with Pit in him. I brought him to the vet for a checkup. I heard the vet yell after he looked at the x-rays so I went into the room where I saw the most horrific sight. My boy was riddled with BB’s. The Doctor said that in order for a dog to have that many (28+) in him he had to have been tied up. I wanted to cry, then I started to imagine the hell this beautiful, gentle dog had to endure. I wanted to fly to NC and find those who thought it was ok to shoot a helpless dog. Instead, I held his big old head and brought him to petsmart directly to the toy aisle. I will never allow this dog to sense anything but love from me and I know he could smell the revenge that flowed through me. The past is just that and when the BB’s move and cause him pain (as 2 have already) I will take care dog him. After all he is my son.

6. Leslie says:

I am so thankful and blessed to be apart of this great organization and have been able to meet so many fantastic people, awesome dogs..PNP, things like this couldn’t happen if it wasn’t for ALL of you!!! God has a special place for you!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!