Denzel, the little German Shepherd

Denzel, the little German Shepherd

My German Shepherd passed away after 11 years and I wanted a new dog for my remaining dog who so depressed.  I found littleDenzel in his new home Denzel in a CA rescue.  They saved him at the last minute from a public shelter that was just about to put him to sleep.  The rescue said I could have him, but getting him to me was the problem.

I posted him on Pilots N Paws to get him from California to New Mexico and immediately had interested pilots.  The trip was all set and at the last minute one of the three pilots had to back out but the other two stepped up to go that extra leg, and he arrived at his new home and his new brother loves him!  A huge thanks to pilots Dan Thompson and Harry Amster, they made it happen!

–Kerry Kent

Denzel with Dan leaving California (2)

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

16 Responses to “Denzel, the little German Shepherd”

1. Thank you pilots! Denzel sure is a cutey!

2. christine gilbert 15. Jun, 2014 at 4:55 pm

thank you for what you do to help these animals:)

3. What an adorable dog! Looks like you both got lucky!

4. What a sweet boy! So glad you could give him a home…..and your remaining dog such much needed relief ♥ Thank the Lord for all those wonderful pilots!

5. Anne Willcoxon 15. Jun, 2014 at 6:12 pm

What a wonderful story and tribute to all who give of themselves with Pilots n Paws. Thank you and please keep posting and sharing.

6. Bridget Ripley 15. Jun, 2014 at 6:41 pm

Thank you for caring about animals as much as we do ! Thank you for feeling they’re important and worthy of all the work to keep them safe and happy . Please fly safe
    Again thank you so much for doing what you do ;) Bridget

7. He’s adorable!
    Those people at Pilot n Paws are incredible.

8. lynette mcgrail 16. Jun, 2014 at 2:59 am

how wonderful for denzel; you guys look like you belong together.

9. Thank God for this organization and all who devote their time, talent, and money to help these precious animals! So glad he has a good home and has been welcomed by his new brother.

10. Jackie Phillips 16. Jun, 2014 at 11:48 am

Wonderful the little dog was saved & is loved by all

11. Absolutely fabulous! Love you pilots so much for what you do!

12. Connie Bowns Glynn 16. Jun, 2014 at 3:30 pm

What a great story! Thanks to ALL!

13. Cindy Derouen 16. Jun, 2014 at 7:02 pm

You all have a place in heaven for doing what you do for these precious gifs.

14. Pilot (Dan Thompson) 18. Jun, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I was the first leg pilot from San Diego to Blythe. What a wonderful experience such a treat to fly Denzel to his new home. He wanted to ride in my lap, but settle for getting as close as he could as you can tell in the pictures.

The hardest part of the flight was not turning around and keeping Denzel for myself! I am glad you found him Kerry and I am sure he is glad too.

Dan

15. Isnt he gorgeous!!!!!! People that do this make my job getting homes across the us much easier!!!!!

16. Beautiful pup, and what a great story. So glad he made it home! :)