In Memory of O.B. – Walker’s Flight

In Memory of O.B. – Walker’s Flight

A call went out on the forum, the title, “EMERGENCY!! 4 wk old pup needing flight ASAP for medical emergency.” That will get your attention.

photo2

A 4 week old, 4 pound pitt mix puppy (named Walker) was in trouble. He had aspiration pneumonia and needed breathing treatment immediately. Houston AARF said they could help, but Walker was in Dallas. He needed to get to their vet asap in order to have any chance at survival.

At the same time. Mike Reddick was going through a tough time. He had just said goodbye to his 17 year old terrier, O.B., the day before. Mike put aside his grief and chose to give the little pup a chance to thrive.  Hard to imagine a better way to honor his old friend.

photo1

Mike had Walker airborne within three hours of the initial request.  They stayed at 3000 feet all the way to Houston due to the pup’s condition.

Rachelle sent him wishes many would have done had they known, “So sorry to hear about your loss Mike. You have a big heart for helping with a transport so soon after your loss.”

Subaru and Petmate are Proud Partners of PNP!

Twitter Digg Delicious Stumbleupon Technorati Facebook Email

39 Responses to “In Memory of O.B. – Walker’s Flight”

1. Mike,
    I’m so very sorry to hear of your loss of O.B. thou O.B. is not there with you the way you would like to have him, he is in the best home ever YOUR HEART.
    What you did for Walker is amazing, so heroic. You are an amazing man thank you so very much for everything that you do.

2. Well done, Mike. Sending prayers and good thoughts you way as O.B. made his journey to the Bridge.

3. Heather Nicole 06. Jul, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Thank you Mike for saving one while mourning yours. Life continues on when we make good things right. God Bless You.

4. Mike, you are an awesome person with a gigantic heart.

5. Thank You Mike Reddick ! Losing a pet is one of the hardest job you can ever have. Thank You again for thinking of another life that was losing his. To me you just got your Captain wings !

6. yvonne leah moen-saldivar 06. Jul, 2014 at 11:36 pm

God bless your heart.Sorry for your loss may your pup rest in peace.and prayers for the little pup.

7. So sorry you lost your buddy. Thanks for helping this little guy.

8. Hey Mike, that’s one big o’l heart you got their… Walker is one lucky little fellow to have found his way into it in the nick of time. Thank you!

And thanks to all at Pilots N Paws… You make miricales happen!!

9. Mike you are a real Hereo! Your compassion is beyond words and I send big hugs and my sympathy on your loss of O.B.

10. Thank you, Mike, for helping Walker. Maybe O.B. sent this little guy to you for a reason.

11. Bless you for taking care of this baby, hopefully he will have the chance to give someone his heart, as I am sure your O.B. did. In turn they take yours when they pass, it goes full circle. Am so sorry for your loss, and so thankful for giving this baby a chance. Your O.B. is so proud of his dad.

12. Dear Mike,
    I am so sorry that O.B. is no longer with you. I wish there were words to say to ease your grief, instead i will say prayers and ask God that you find comfort for your heart. What a beautiful tribute to O.B. and a generous heart to give of your time.
    linda

13. Mary Anne Lempa 07. Jul, 2014 at 1:35 am

God Bless you and your best buddy in God’s arms. Thank you!

14. Way to go, Mike. Hoping to meet you someday.
    s/ Don Hull aka “rv7boy” in the VAF Forums

15. Gwen Grandell 07. Jul, 2014 at 2:40 am

Mike, I’m so sorry for your recent loss. Thank you so much for flying little Walker to Houston. You are truly a dog lover and a hero!

16. Thank you for the amazing work you do, and I’m so sorry losing your friend of so many years

17. Thankyou so very much Mike for working through the pain, and making this young pup’s life your priority. You are a lovely human being X

18. O.B. Has been very well honored, Mike.
    One of my rescues came to me through Mike Young of Pilots N Paws.
    You people are the best, and I thank you so much for the wonderful work that you do.

19. You have a big heart Mike… hugs to you!!

20. Jayedda Marsh 07. Jul, 2014 at 8:33 am

Mike what a wonderful thing you did. Thank you!

21. Mike,
    As a fellow friend to animals, I know how horrendous the loss of O.B. must be for you. Your unselfish rescue of Walker, at a most difficult time, was nothing short of heroic. The world needs more individuals like you. I admire and applaud what you do and the organization of Pilots N Paws! Take good care.
    Maxie

22. God bless you and so sorry for your loss. You are an angel on this earth. <3

23. Jolene Frietze 07. Jul, 2014 at 9:10 am

Mike, so sorry to hear about OB, our furbabies mean so much. Thank you for helping to save Walker. When here was at his weakest you remained strong..to life

24. I am always grateful for the loving and humane works of the men and women of this organization. Almost makes me want to learn to learn to fly a plane……Thanks to all esp OBs dad for looking beyond his grief to affirm LIFe. God Bless!

25. What a beautiful thing you have done Mike. To use your talent and resources to save a life is heart warming even soon after you lost a dear one yourself. God Bless you. <3.

Trisha Shipley

26. What an awesome way to honor OB and what an awesome man you are, Mike Reddick. I am so sorry for your loss of OB and I hope you will find another lucky pup to be with you. We need a world full of Mike Reddicks. Thank you for giving Walker a fighting chance.

27. Helping to save Walker, was the most memorable tribute you could have made to O.B. Thank you for your selfless caring & important contribution to the animals! My sincerest sympathy for your loss; but, I know you’ll see each other again, someday…

28. Thanks Mike

29. Great Job Mike! Thank you for saving this little pup!

30. Oh Mike! I agree with Rachelle! What a wonderful way to honor your O.B. You are one of the good guys, no doubt. Thank you for caring!

31. I have provided Megaesophagus (ME) support for 8+ yrs and am Hst ambassador for such. Very well known thru on-line groups, but also worldwide rescues, breeders, DVMs, specialists and individuals for helping personally if/as needed as well. One of my ME friends in VA is trying to see if this baby puppy that aspirated possibly has ME and if so, please contact me so I may place the new owner in touch with the expertise specific to these dogs here in Hst. If it is only that the puppy aspirated due to other cause, am also happy to offer assistance with protocols used for those situations as well since that is our number one difficulty with our ME dogs. I placed my website here so you may see I am legitimate, plus other ME info, but for you to put a face to my name. I am on the Contact Us page of the http://www.rehomingmegaesophagusdogs.com page as the developed and owner since early last year. Please feel free to pass my contact nfo forward with offer for any help or support needed so this precious baby survives.
    Jill m Porter
    713-203-3385 cell
    cyport1385@att.net
    FB and Yahoo ME groups

32. another rescurer 07. Jul, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Well done! Hugs for OB!

33. Paul Nicholls 07. Jul, 2014 at 4:14 pm

Bless your Heart Mike

34. God bless Pilots and Paws and especially Mike Reddick for responding to this emergency request so fast. This puppy was taken to the ER where the ER DVM was so taken by him that she has adopted him. AARF are wonderful folks for stepping up so quickly as well to save this precious tiny life. Thanks to all of you for your heroic transport to save adorable little Walker.

35. I consider each and every one of these pilots that volunteer Heroes in the truest sense of the word!

36. PnP is an amazing organization with so many skilled and selfless members who do what needs to be done to save others that cannot save themselves. Mike is a true hero who put aside his own pain and grief for a little defenseless pup…. O.B is very proud of you and will be waiting at the Rainbow Bridge to help “fly” you across when the time comes. Thank you for your big heart and willingness to share your skills.

37. What a great story! Sorry for your loss but thank you for a big heart!

38. Carla Sanders 08. Jul, 2014 at 1:37 am

Thank you, Mike Reddick, for helping Walker. O.B. would be so proud of you for helping this little pup. I just lost my 17 year old female min pin. I know how you feel. Thank you, Mike. You are a true hero.

39. Thank you, Mike for transporting this little fellow! My heart goes out to you for the loss of your buddy. It is always tough to loose one of our 4 legged kids. You honored him by helping another.