My First Rescue

A place for rescues to chat about rescue work, animals, transports etc.
N7655W

My First Rescue

Post by N7655W » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:11 pm

Greetings All,
I just completed my first rescue from Palo Alto to Fresno CA. Except for the instrument approach into Fresno after leaving sunny Palo Alto, all went off without a hitch. I purchased a canvas type carrier (crate) with windows and a top that you can zip open so the dog can stand up and look out the window. I placed it in the back seat with a seatbelt around it. I also placed a tie down from the carrier to the back of the back seat in the luggage compartment, which really made the carrier very secure. May have been over kill but it worked well. I found that it is easier to place the dog in the crate first and then place it into the plane. The dog was much more comfortable than my first attempt of placing him in the carrier while it was still in the plane. A reporter was there and wanted me to take the dog out of the plane for some pictures. That is how I figured out the dog in the carrier first. The dog (a Bichon) was a fantastic passenger. I can’t wait for my next rescue.

Jeff
N7655W

Jon

Re: My First Rescue

Post by Jon » Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:48 am

Fantastic and congratulations. Send some photos. Debi will post them.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: My First Rescue

Post by admin » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:28 am

N7655W wrote:Greetings All,
I just completed my first rescue from Palo Alto to Fresno CA. Except for the instrument approach into Fresno after leaving
Jeff
N7655W
Jeff, AWESOME! Please send photos and the particulars....rescue sending, who was receiving, etc. and I will put you up on the website. Send the pics to [email protected]

Thank you for helping this little guy.....glad all went well and now you are hooked!!! :D