Introduce yourselves please!

This forum is for those who would like to volunteer other offers of assistance such as temporary fostering, ground transport, promotional material, website help, etc.
All user requests for these services must be done via PM or email.

Re: Introduce yourselves please!

Postby admin on Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:43 pm

Sarah,

You said the magic word, DOBERMAN :D It is my work with Doberman rescue that got Jon and I together to start Pilots-N-Paws! My husband and I have had Dobes in our lives for 30 years. We presently have two and one is our rescue boy who came to us via a Dobe rescue group in Florida. He was used as a bait dog, ugh, and is the sweetest most loving animal who doesn't know a stranger. What type of service work do you do with your Dobe?

I know of several rescues who have transported their animals via friends in the airline industry. Thanks for being one of those "friends".

We look forward to having you work with us!!

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby Debi on Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:01 am

jimkonst wrote:Hello,
I am Jim, from Columbus, Ohio. My 2 seat Cessna is based in Delaware, Ohio (DLZ). I intend to lurk for awhile and see if I want to carry dogs. I found you via the AOPA article, and think you are doing a great job.
Jim

Hey Jim,

Feel free to lurk all you want and ask any questions that come to mind....As you can likely see on the website Photo Gallery page, pilots are definitely finding these flights to be beneficial not only for the animals but it is a way in today's world that we can truly make a difference. Thanks of the kudos and we hope you decide to jump in and try this....if you love flying and you love animals then it will be a win win!

Debi
Debi
Co-founder

Postby Ted064 on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:02 am

I'm Ted Moore and I rent a 172 based at 1G3 (Kent State University Airport, near Akron and Cleveland in Northeast Ohio). I'm VFR only, but about half-way to my instrument rating. I volunteer for the Humane Society of Greater Akron (aka Pawsibilities) and have a special interest in dogs with severe behavioral problems (of which I own 2). I can help on fair-weather weekend days, for now. Hope to be able to do so soon.
Ted064

Postby Debi on Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:51 am

Ted064 wrote:I'm Ted Moore and I rent a 172 based at 1G3 (Kent State University Airport, near Akron and Cleveland in Northeast Ohio). I'm VFR only, but about half-way to my instrument rating. I volunteer for the Humane Society of Greater Akron (aka Pawsibilities) and have a special interest in dogs with severe behavioral problems (of which I own 2). I can help on fair-weather weekend days, for now. Hope to be able to do so soon.

Hi Ted! I grew up in the Copley/Bath area of Ohio and almost attended Kent State so I know exactly which airport you are referring to. Thank you so much for coming on board here and for doing the great work you do with Pawsibilities. When you get a minute, please list your city, town, airport under the pilots section of the forum board if you haven't already done so. We are trying our best to keep the pilots listed in one place for easy reference.

Steve Foley, another pilot in our group has also started a google map which is going to be very helpful for not only rescue groups to reference but other pilots as well if they are trying to cooridnate a multi-leg flight.

Glad to see you here...

Debi
Debi
Co-founder

Postby DogDaddy on Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:56 pm

Hi fellow pilots and rescuers! I'm a student pilot in Tampa FL, already signed off for my checkride. Have been involved in small breed rescue for 10 years and doing a lot of transport by car.
If any of you FL pilots need another pilot to go along with you on a transport please contact me.
Brian
call sign Dog Daddy
DogDaddy

Postby PET4TOGRA4 on Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:24 am

Hi Everyone!

My name is Jill and I am so thrilled to have "stumbled" upon your site. I live in Tavernier, Florida in the Keys, and I'm a professional photographer, specializing in pets. Additionally, I'm a director with Marr-Velous Pet Rescues & Adoptions in Key Largo, FL. My husband, John and I are owned by three Border Collies, a Corgi and two cats. Additionally, we're usually fostering at least one and usually two pups preparing them for their forever homes. Here is a letter I sent this morning to the Board of Directors of our rescue group:

Greetings Fellow Animal Lovers,

An application came in two days ago for an adoption of Delaney (photos available on our website listed below my signature,) the Border Collie X who was rescued six weeks ago through the help of our dear friend, Mike Sharp and is being fostered by my husband, John and me, and co-fostered by Julie Cockerham. It seems Delaney and Ms. Jo Smith in Eustis, FL – some 350 miles away from us here in the beautiful Florida Keys were a perfect match, and the application was approved. But the problem was how to get Miss Delaney transported to her new Mom and forever home!

I’m delighted to report that it looks like the dilemma is nearly solved. Through some creative internet research based on a tip from my Mom, I’ve located some “sky angels” who are volunteer pilots with Pilots N Paws. These are a group of men and women who simply love animals and love flying, and whose mission is to help transport rescue pets to their forever homes as the need arises. What a fantastic bunch of people! I’m feeling blessed and honored to have found them. This morning, I signed up on their website, posted Delaney’s needs, and I was contacted back within literally minutes of posting by not one, but TWO pilots willing to help out. We’re working out the details, and weather permitting, planning her transport next Saturday, Nov. 15th . I’ll keep you all posted as further details unfold.

Please check out their website http://pilotsnpaws.org/ and the article on this group written up in AOPA Online http://www.aopa.org/aircraft/articles/2 ... c_sect=gan

I’m sure you’ll be moved as I was, at the generosity and love displayed by all those involved with this network. What a great feeling!

So, here’s to waggy-tails, wiggle-butts, and puppy kisses!

Since writing that letter, I've been contacted by TWO MORE pilots offering their help - a total of four so far! (Thanks guys, I'll be talking to you all in the next day or so to finish coordinating Delaney's transport) I am so amazed and thrilled to find all of you and I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you're doing. Because of your generosity and thoughtfulness, our rescue work is made that much more rewarding to know these innocent, sweet, furry-faced babies will be able to reach their loving families and forever homes and enjoy the happy life they all so deserve. The accolades are pouring in from the rest of our group, so I guarantee we'll be spreading the word about Pilots-N-Paws and will try to help recruit more pilots to your wonderful program!

I look forward to getting to know some of you! As I look around, I have six sleeping fur-babies all around my feet on my office floor, so we're off to bed now and I'll be giving each one of them a hug and a little peck on the nose to remind myself just how lucky I am to have them! Thanks everyone and goodnight!

~Jill~
Jill Hayes Photography, Inc.
152 Ocean Drive
Tavernier, FL 33070-2339
http://www.jillhayesphotography.com
off: 305-852-DOGS(3647)
cell: 305-321-1458

Marr-Velous Pet Rescues & Adoptions
P.O. Box 600
99900 Overseas Highway
Key Largo, FL 33036
http://www.marrvelouspetrescues.org
305-453-1315
PET4TOGRA4

Postby Jessicalynn on Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:30 pm

HI All, my name is Jessica and I volunteer with All American Dachshund Rescue. I live in Greenville, SC however we have members all up and down the east coast and in the mid-western states. Sometimes we have a pretty hard time getting transports together for these babies and as group, we really appreciate what you guys are doing!! As I said, I live in SC so if anyone ever needs anything in this area, please let me know! My email is jessicawall2008@yahoo.com and our website is www.allamericandachshundrescue.org
Jessica Wall
All American Dachshund Rescue

Home: 864.845.1149
Email: jessicawall2008@yahoo.com
Jessicalynn

Postby ginnyintn on Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:46 pm

My name is Virginia Harvell and I live in Pioneer, TN just outside of Knoxville. I was watching todays news, WBIR, and heard about your program. If I can help in any way please contact me. We arn't rich but we could possibly do something. GREAT JOB!!! :)
ginnyintn

Postby Mrbusybody on Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:54 pm

his may be a dublicate, but it never hurst. Nathan Smith here, I have access to a Cherokee 180 based in Idaho Falls (KIDA). I am available Friday-Sunday for severe clear flights in the inland northwest. I would like to be able to complete most trips in the daylight.

contact idwolf@msn.com
Mrbusybody

Postby preciousaj on Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:30 pm

Hi,

My name is Andrea Hall and I live in Northern Virginia. I currently reside with 8 of my own dogs (all rescued) :) , and have worked for many years with different area organizations such as the Washington Humane Society and Akita rescue. In addition, I was one of the area rescuers to go down to New Orleans after Katrina bringing back 7 dogs and 3 cats who are all in permanent homes. I have first aid and training experience with all breeds and sizes of dogs, however my expertise is with the larger, misunderstood or feared/dominant breeds.

I would like to offer my time to act as a rescue flight attendant so to speak LOL, for those flights needing an attendant to help load the animals and keep them calm during flights. I am fairly centrally located so there are many air strips that are within driving distance to me.

Please contact me by e-mail initially (preciousaj@yahoo.com) and then I will follow up with a phone number).

Thank you and I hope to be of some help to someone in need!

Andrea
preciousaj

PreviousNext

Return to Other Volunteer Offers