Introduce yourselves please!

This forum is for those who would like to volunteer other offers of assistance such as temporary fostering, ground transport, promotional material, website help, etc.
All user requests for these services must be done via PM or email.

Re: Introduce yourselves please!

Postby bigd399 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi all,

I am a person looking to adopt a lab puppy. I am looking at the younger age, around 7-14 weeks. I am currently in the United States Army and I am working as a recruiter at this current time. I am very big into the outdoors and love hunting and fishing. I have deployed to Iraq twice as an Infantry soldier. Since I have come back and started recruiting I have been looking to adopt/buy a lab puppy. I can assure you that the puppy will have a great home and will enjoy the outdoors with me. I was sent a link to here from my mom who is helping me to find a puppy. I am honored to meet all of you who are doing such a great thing.

Thank you,
Dan Affalter
bigd399

Postby Sisk Rifles on Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:09 pm

Folks...
I'm Charlie Sisk. I live in Dayton Texas, my 182 is based in Clevland Texas at 6R3. I've started making a few GRaceFlights, thought maybe I could transport a few animals as well. I travel often to South Texas and Oklahoma. I saw Pilots & Paws on the Houston Pilots forum. Here is my contact info:
Charlie Sisk
Sisk Rifles
Dayton Texas
936-258-4984
charlie@siskguns.com
Sisk Rifles

Postby FLYEDNH on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 am

Hi:
I'm Ed Carvalho a pilot and aircraft owner from Nashua, NH and Venice, FL. Currently my single engine, four passenger aircraft sits in Nashua, NH.
My wife Shirley and I share life with a handsome, 95 lb golden retreiver named Colby.
FLYEDNH

Postby admin on Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:49 pm

FLYEDNH wrote:Hi:
I'm Ed Carvalho a pilot and aircraft owner from Nashua, NH and Venice, FL. Currently my single engine, four passenger aircraft sits in Nashua, NH.
My wife Shirley and I share life with a handsome, 95 lb golden retreiver named Colby.

Hi Ed, welcome aboard! My husband and I lived in Venice for two years many years ago--I have no doubt it has changed considerably since then.....very nice beach there! Thank you and Shirley for joining. If you have any questions on how the program works, please send an email to pilotsnpaws@gmail.com We also have crates avaialble free of charge to UPS to you should you need them.

Glad you are here.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby nancyleeny on Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:36 pm

HI,
I am Nancy Dunn, I have run the Mutt and Lab Rescue for the past two years. We have brought up a few hundred dogs and pups each year to the Adirondack area of NY for rehoming. We have expanded southward to Millbrook, NY and westward, to the Utica, NY area.

I have just finished my 501(c)(3) application and am sending it in - fingers crossed!! I can provide overnight fosters for dogs/pups stuck up above Albany for the night if anyone needs emergency help. I can be reached on my cell at 518-260-9901 most days,

Thanks,
Nancy Dunn
nancyleeny

Postby PilotWolf on Thu May 27, 2010 10:15 pm

Hi!

I am Shaun/Wolfie/Pilotwolf... commercially rated helicopter pilot. I tend to fly out of Long Beach, CA. Unfortunately I don't have my own aircraft and I am overseas in England a lot. I have also been spending a lot of time in Grand Rapids, MI. of late.

Whilst only qualified on helicopters if anyone needs company/safety pilot/radio operator/navigator on any PNP flight please drop me a line. Likewise if you have anything I maybe able to help with in the LA basin or GR area drop me a line and I'll see if I can find someone to help out if I can't.

Wolfie.
pilot_wolfie@hotmail.com
In memory of Skippy. RIP my best friend.
PilotWolf

Intro and request Spokane WA (GEG) to Sacramento CA (SMF)

Postby simpletruth77 on Sat May 29, 2010 12:30 am

Hi, My name is Barb and I am a volunteer and rescue coordinator in Spokane, WA. We are looking for transport for 6 mini aussies (seized from a rescue/hoarder situation) from Spokane, WA to Sacramento, CA. Thank you!
simpletruth77

Re: Intro and request Spokane WA (GEG) to Sacramento CA (SMF)

Postby admin on Sat May 29, 2010 1:26 am

simpletruth77 wrote:Hi, My name is Barb and I am a volunteer and rescue coordinator in Spokane, WA. We are looking for transport for 6 mini aussies (seized from a rescue/hoarder situation) from Spokane, WA to Sacramento, CA. Thank you!

Hi Barb, you need to post your request for help with transport on the Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport section of this forum board, not under the General Discussions section. If you need help with posting, please view the "Rescues, Need help" section on this board as well. Three of our wonderful rescue volunteers will guide you.

We hope a pilot will be able to assist you.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby Spiderjg on Sun May 30, 2010 5:14 pm

It would really help if these posts "animals needing transport" were in alphabetical oder by states. For instance, we are in Colorado and we could go to the Colorado listings and see what dog needed to be transported from Colorado and where they need to go. I know people post individually, so they could post it under the state that the animal is leaving from and needs to be delivered to.
Let me know what you think!
Marcy Gates
Spiderjg

Postby admin on Sun May 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Spiderjg wrote:It would really help if these posts "animals needing transport" were in alphabetical oder by states. Marcy Gates

Hi Marcy,

thank you for your suggestion and we have considered this in the past, still working on logistics of it because the matter of more recent posts versus older posts comes into play.

However, you may not be aware of this but there is a search tool created just for pilots to use which will do exactly what you would like. It is on our homepage, www.pilotsnpaws.org, at the top under Pilot Tools. You can search by using your airport identifier and then choosing total trip request of specific miles. This will bring up all requests that fall along the flight path you might be able to help with.

It is a useful tool and really does narrow down your search!

Debi
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Volunteer Offers