Introduce yourselves please!

This forum is for those who would like to volunteer other offers of assistance such as temporary fostering, ground transport, promotional material, website help, etc.
All user requests for these services must be done via PM or email.

Re: Introduce yourselves please!

Postby Spiderjg on Sun May 30, 2010 9:31 pm

Most likely people aren't going to go through every page,there are so many, so the older postings have less chance of being seen.
Our plane is in Colorado, we could go straight to all the Colorado listings and they could still be posted by date.
I think this would give the animals a better chance and it would be much more efficient and organized. I could help you out if you need me.
Spiderjg

Postby Spiderjg on Sun May 30, 2010 10:04 pm

Also, we tried to search for Colorado in the "search field", and it came up with 0 findings.
Spiderjg

Postby admin on Sun May 30, 2010 10:21 pm

Our plane is in Colorado, we could go straight to all the Colorado listings and they could still be posted by date.
I think this would give the animals a better chance and it would be much more efficient and organized. I could help you out if you need me.[/quote]

Thank you for your offer! I have passed your suggestions and concerns on to our webmasters and we will see if/what is possible to do.... Have you tried the pilot search tool? This isn't the search tool on the Board Index, it is this one:

http://pilotsnpaws.org/pilot-tools/

Regarding the search tool on the forum board itself, with this bulletin board software, the way it has been explained to me, you have to go in and choose the words you want the search engine to recognize. The default is for common words, such as the names of states, which I think is ridiculous, but none the less this is the way it is. One of our wonderful volunteer webmasters is gearing up to begin work on changing the search engine to be more useful when searching for common terms. It will take some time, we appreciate your patience.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin on Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:03 pm

Spiderjg wrote:Also, we tried to search for Colorado in the "search field", and it came up with 0 findings.

Good News, we hope! Our wonderful web gurus have worked on the search options and you should be able to search certain terms now. You must write out the state Colorado, no abbreviatons, but when you type the full state or city it should come up IF it has been used on the forum.

However, this will not bring up just the needed transports, it will bring up all posts with the word Colorado in it so you will need to look through those. I doubt it will be that many though.

Thanks
Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby msankaran on Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:11 am

Hello everyone,

My name is Mahesh. I am a private pilot based in Columbus, Ohio and I fly out of KOSU. I don't own a plane, but I belong to a flying club and have access to a Piper Warrior and hopefully, in the near future, I will get checked out in a Mooney. I am (also hopefully) pretty close to getting my IFR ticket. I have two wonderful dogs that came from two wonderful rescue organizations. I would love to help in anyway that I can. I am generally able to fly on weekends, but am typically not available at short notice during the week (though with some notice, I might be able to take a day off to fly). Looking forward to being put to work transporting our furry friends.

Mahesh
msankaran

Postby chakarnis on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:05 pm

Hello, my name is Brenda and I have rescued three one month old red nose pit bulls and a 11 month old pit bull named Bull. They all came from the same mother, Peaches, who is a full blood red. Bull is from her first litter and belonged to my brother who couldn't keep him at his apt. complex and brought him here until he could be adopted. The pups are the second litter from Peaches and we cannot keep them, as well. We currently have three pits, brother and sister to Bull and Peaches, their mother.

Bull is a "perfect" dog. He is a not ferocious, does not bite, is very loving and protective, LOVES TO KISS, very playful and obediant. He has had all of his shots, is microchipped and has been very well taken care of. We have trained all of our dogs to be obediant and well behaved. He really needs a good and loving home and continued good care. We have been approached by young people but they've been refused because we know what they're plans are. If you really want a good, strong, protective companion, Bull is the one for you.
chakarnis

Postby jlspence on Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:03 am

Hello, my name is Jeff and I've been flying since 1986. I currently own a 1969 Cessna 172, my third aircraft. I was introduced to PnP by a fellow pilot and member of the Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA). So far, in my first week, I've made two flights with one Boston Terrier on each flight. I've signed up for another flight where we've combined two rescues (golden retriever and pit bull) into one...we're getting more efficient Jon! :)

I'm an aerospace engineer with NASA at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, AL. I enjoy flying (obviously), distance running, camping, hiking, reading and computer gaming. My wife (Susan) and I have a 4 yr old miniature long-haired dachshund (Oliver). We love dogs and we're both looking forward to doing what we can do to help these animals.
Jeff S.
Cessna 172/Huntsville, AL - Moontown Airport (3M5)
VFR Only
jlspence

Postby elizabethjackson on Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:10 pm

My name is Elizabeth Jackson, I run a 501c3 animal rescue group in jackson ms. we are a no-kill shelter and currently have over 300 dogs and cats in our organization. our shelter is in the county of the state that has the highest number of animal control pick ups, with over 98% of them being euthanized within 5 days of pick up. we are trying to make a change to that mindset. we recently started to try to adopt in the new england area of the country and I am trying to figure out the best way to transport our rescues to their new homes.
I just logged on today and joined and am reading the information on the various pages. from what I am reading, my goal may be hard to achieve from jackson to new england. so I am rethinking the plan and researching a location that my husband and I can road trip to for delivery of the pets needing to get up east. I need a get away anyway

you can find out more about our organization at www.arfms.com
elizabethjackson

Postby SaveOurShepherds on Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:59 pm

Hi everyone!
Just joined your wonderful forum. I am co-founder of Save Our Shepherds Rescue in Memphis, TN. http://SaveOurShepherds.org The other co-founder, Bonnie, may also pop in here from time to time, now as well.

Special thank you to Jim Carney, a pilot based in West TN, who saw a plea for transport posting we made on facebook. We've been meaning to join for quite a while, but the day to day tasks of running a rescue with so many dogs in need sometimes takes priority. Anyway thanks for the reminder, Jim! The dog in question, TEAGAN, coming from North Central Arkansas to Memphis for surgery does indeed have a driver willing to come the whole way but we'll certainly think of y'all first the next time around!

My husband is an instrument rated pilot but sold his plane so I'll send him to the pilot's section of the forum to see if there is a way he can help.

Thank you to each and every one of you for all you do!

Its all about the dogs...
Carol Murphy, co-founder Save Our Shepherds, Memphis
8 resident rawfed GSDs & 6 in foster
See our adoptable dogs
http://www.SaveOurShepherds.org/adoptable.html

webmaster for the American German Shepherd Rescue Association
http://AGSRA.com and
pro-bono web design for Petfinder sites
AL194, AL166, AR113, AZ387, AZ390, CO171, CO239, FL41, FL371,
FL639, LA152,MO475, LA177, NC378, NC397, NJ616, NV124, TN318,
TN333, TN535, WI375 etc...
Its all about the dogs...
Bonnie
Save Our Shepherds, Memphis

http://www.SaveOurShepherds.org
SaveOurShepherds

Postby C Priddy on Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:16 pm

Greetings & Salutations!

I am a volunteer from BunnyBunch in Montclair California. I live in Orange County California.

Today is my premier in organizing a shelter exchange/transport & I am just finding my way around.

As soon as I have all the information I need I'll be requesting a transport from LA area to the Bay area.

Thanks to all who made this sort of thing possible!!!
C Priddy

PreviousNext

Return to Other Volunteer Offers