Introduce yourselves please!

This forum is for those who would like to volunteer other offers of assistance such as temporary fostering, ground transport, promotional material, website help, etc.
All user requests for these services must be done via PM or email.

Re: Introduce yourselves please!

Postby luvsdals on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi y'all!

My name is Pat & I am a very active volunteer with Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay a 501c3. I also live practically at the end of the runway for the Tampa North airport in Wesley Chapel/Land O'Lakes/Lutz. Our rescue pulls & rehomes dogs all over the state of Florida and occasionally areas of Alabama & Georgia.

I am thrilled to see that there is an active effort to bring pilots together with rescues to assist animals at-risk. I would be happy to help serve as ground crew or in some other capacity that helps get these animals to safety whenever possible. I can be contacted at daldogevents@msn.com.

Blue Skies!
Pat, my Dal-rescues, & many formerly-feral cats
Dalmatian Rescue of Tampa Bay
Events Coordinator & General Dogsbody

www.DalRescueTampaBay.org
luvsdals

Postby Trudy on Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:44 pm

Greetings All,
I have been involved in Airedale Rescue for 10 years, those brown and black fuzzy Kids captured my heart. My Gigi ( of course an Airedale) is 10 years old . I currently am Ohio Coordinator and Transportation Coordinator for New Beginnings Airedale Rescue ( NBAR) , our base is in Michigan . I live in St. Clairsville, Ohio - a hop, skip and jump from Wheeling , WV.
If I can be of help please contact me.
Happy Thanksgiving~
Trudy Greco
Ohio/Transportation Coordinator
New Beginnings Airedale Rescue
Trudy

Postby Emil on Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:55 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am a Private Pilot, Single Engine Land, Instrument Airplane with about 900hrs.
I have a Cherokee 140 based in middle Tennessee (SRB).
My home base seems to be a PNP hot spot. I spoke with Jon here and decided to Sign On.
I am a real newbie at message boards, this is my 1st shot at it.

Emil Kleinfeld
emil@emilkleinfeld.com
Emil

Postby Jon on Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:10 am

Have no fear Emil. My solution to handling computer problems is to ask my grandson for help.

My VCR (remember those?) still flashes 12:00.

And I won't pick on you because your wings are on the wrong place. We Cessna drivers are very tolerant.
Jon

Postby raymozingo on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi . Ray here. I have been talking to Jon and would like to help any way I can. I I have access to a plane ,but not sure if the owner would let me use it for this. I will talk to him and see. I would be glad to help in any way that I can. I am in northern SC. Based at LKR.

Ray
raymozingo

Postby Debi on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:23 pm

Hi Ray,

I am in northern SC as well, Landrum just west of you......Please do ask if you can have access to a plane we are really lacking in pilots in this area and the need for rescue animals to head north from here is high in numbers. If you find you are able to use a plane, please list yourself under the Pilots Offer section with your contact information and the area you are available to cover.

Thanks for joining!!

Debi
Debi
Co-founder

Postby Jon on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:38 am

Welcome aboard Ray.

I have a few tips for you if you are worried about the plane smelling like a kennel. First let me acknowledge animals will urinate, fart, poop and vomit. If they are walked well before boarding it is usually not a problem, but you can't stop little puppies from doing all of the above.

I use towels or pet mattresses or blankets in the bottom of my crates. If the animals have an accident the cloth soaks up the mess to a great extent. If they get the mess on the carrier the FBO always lets me hose the carrier out. I take the messy cloths and place them in plastic bags and seal the bags until I get home and can wash the bedding.

I never leave anything in the plane. All crates, soft materials, etc come out and are aired out in the hangar and sprayed with a disinfectant. To protect the seats I place blankets or small throw rugs on them so the carriers never really touch the upholstery. There will be flights where you will want to open all the windows. It happens. But as soon as you unload the pups and put any soiled bedding in the plastic bags the smell goes away.
Jon

Postby greyhound_dad on Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:48 pm

My name is Rob and I'm an instrument pilot who just move to the pacific northwest from southern cal., where I flew weekly trips to AZ to pick up greyhounds heading to rescue groups. Would love to get involved in P-n-P.
greyhound_dad

Postby Jon on Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:20 pm

Welcome Rob,

I have found there are a couple of ways to learn of trips. The most obvious is to look at the requests for transportation here, but that does not always work. A lot of rescues still do not post transport request here and they still rely on ground transports so if you want to help and can't find suitable transports posted here, contact shelters and rescues in your area, or in areas you want to fly to and see if they have transport needs that you can help with.

I originally searched through the various yahoo sites of rescues and transport sites, eventually volunteering to do flights. Some were not willing to believe we in GA were willing to help. That is changing, but we still have a way to go before we get pilots and rescues to participate to a greater extent. But we are beginning to make real strides, have our 501c3 application in so your flights through PNP can soom be treated as tax deductible charitable donations, and as we continue to add pilots like you we will begin being able to answer many more requests to rescue animals. Thanks.

Jon
Jon

Postby crestiemaniac on Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:45 am

Hi - my name is Ellen Ross and I am with the Xolo Rescue League [XRL] which is a 501c3 organization. We are a national organization. The xolo breed is a wonderful stoic little breed commonly referred to as the "Mexican hairless". They are friendly and alert kids and very smart. If you would like to learn more about XRL, please visit www.xolorescueleague.com. Our available pets are located on petfinder. I am located in Lansing, MI and we also have reps in California, Texas, New York as well as Canada.
crestiemaniac

PreviousNext

Return to Other Volunteer Offers