Introduce yourselves please!

This forum is for those who would like to volunteer other offers of assistance such as temporary fostering, ground transport, promotional material, website help, etc.
All user requests for these services must be done via PM or email.

Re: Introduce yourselves please!

Postby HeatherFall2 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:49 pm

Hello everyone.

My name is Heather Fall. I am a volunteer for both American Brittany Rescue and English Springer Spaniel Rescue. I have fostered over 50 dogs since February 2007. Here recently ESRA (Springer Rescue) accepted 67 Springers in the midwest and transported them to various places across the country to be fostered. Additionally, since I live in the state of Washington, we often get applications from CA, OR, and AK. Or we get dogs in states with few foster homes like NE and UT, who need to shift dogs to other states to be fostered.

Most of the time, many volunteers are required and I am hoping with the generosity of the pilots, we won't be required to provide ground transport as the only option. I want to thank you pilots for your gift of flight. Hope to meet some of you someday soon.

Sincerely,

Heather Fall
Spokane, WA
Heather Fall
Veterans Liaison
Shepherds for Lost Sheep, Inc.
HeatherFall2

Re: Introduce yourselves please- Greenville, SC

Postby GwynneArmstrong on Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:19 pm

My name is Gwynne Armstrong and I live in Greenville, SC. I don't have a pilots license, but have a roomy vehicle and a would love to help trnasport. I have 3 rescues myself and think this is a great organization! My cell is 864-270-2877. e-mail - gawhatever@aol.com
GwynneArmstrong

Postby mbernst152 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:31 pm

Hi Everyone, Just saw this article yesterday. My wife is already involved in helping animals with the New Mexico Animal Humane Association. Thought being a pilot with my own aircraft a Cirrus SR20 that I might be of help myself
so here I am. Live in Albuquerque New Mexico. Can do up to 400 mile trips.
Mark Bernstein
mbernst152

Postby Barlees Angels on Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:49 am

Hi, my name is Jen and I'm with Barlee's Angels Rescue Network in Southern Ontario, Canada. Our group is an all-breed rescue with a focus on the Neapolitan Mastiff, the Australian Cattle Dog and the American Pit Bull and Staffordshire Terriers. We also rescue cats and small animals as resources dictate. We have been rescuing abused, abandoned and neglected companion animals since 1999. If you're interested, you can find out more about us at http://barlees.org. I welcome anyone to check us out - I always check out rescues before working with them. We have earned a strong reputation for responsible rescue in the last 10 years. :)

We work with pounds and shelters in Southern Ontario and beyond, and do take in dogs from the Southern US and Ohio.

I'm particularly drawn to this group, because I am also the daughter of a retired Air Canada Captain, and my cousin also flies for them!

Nice to have found this group! :)

Oh, if you're on facebook, feel free to keep up with us there as well - our group is really growing on there!
Barlees Angels

Ready to help in Southeast FL

Postby roseles on Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:21 pm

[color=#0000FF]Hi - I live in Palm Beach Gardens Florida (South East FL) year round & am available to assist in any way (except actually flying the plane). I can help coordinate a transport, create back-up plans, house pilots and/or dogs, etc. I am computer literate & can help create databases, etc. or create newsletters or graphics in support of the organization's efforts. I love dogs and will always be available to help. Leslie Rosenberg (les@giraffix.com)[/color]
roseles

Postby denisekinsey on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:38 pm

I am Denise and I rescue Wolves and Wolf-dogs. I am a huge fan from the get go. And thank you for saving lives.
Day after day I am on the phone and online trying to find forever homes for countless animals on death row.
Most we do not save, but a lot are.
Please count on me for anything you may ever need! June of 2008 I rescued a Grey Wolf from a South Carolina kill Shelter. Her name is S'uk'a. I am Part Winnebago Native American, that is the name for Wolf. I also have a Black Lab named Terra, Wolf-dog Ruby, Austrailian Shepherd Harley, and a Pit girl named Mary. We also have 2 cats Saber-tooth Tiger and Taz.
All rescued from abuse and neglect. Thrown away like garbage. All loved very much.
Thank you Debbie for this sight:)
l_dcdcfc759a1c42918b361868b82f87b5.jpg
S'uk'a now
l_dcdcfc759a1c42918b361868b82f87b5.jpg (36.75 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
l_dcdcfc759a1c42918b361868b82f87b5.jpg
S'uk'a now
l_dcdcfc759a1c42918b361868b82f87b5.jpg (36.75 KiB) Viewed 1138 times
denisekinsey

Postby DogDaddy on Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:36 am

Just to update my profile---I am in the Tampa, FL area, previously listed myself as a student pilot. Now, as of December 2008, I am a licensed pilot and able to fly. At this time it would be difficult for me to afford to do a flight on my own, but I am able to share expenses with another pilot. So, any pilots who would like to have help not only with the animals but also with flying please let me know.
DogDaddy

Postby mskymee on Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:34 pm

Hi my name is Kim, and I am a regional representative for JCCARE, which is Japanese Chin Care and Rescue Effort. Our website is www.japanesechinrescue.org. I am a Respiratory Therapist for over 20 years, and I am owned by 10 Japanese Chin, and 1 Peke. My peke was a rescue, and I have 2 EOT (End of Trail) Japanese Chins.
Very glad to be here, and I hope I can help in some way for all the little fur-kids in need
Kim
mskymee

Postby pumpkin on Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:39 am

Hello,

My name is Andy. I live in Fort Lauderdale Florida and would like to help transport rescued animals from one location to another. I am also interested in fostering.
pumpkin

Postby greytexplorer on Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:03 am

Hi, I'm Pat, and I would like to offer my home to stranded pilots and furkids.
I am available to ground transport as well. I've done several such transports for greyhounds, moving them out of the local racetrack, and on to their forever homes. :D
I am willing and able to ferry furfriends from one airport to another, as needed.
Oddly enough, I drive a Pilot, but I only play one on tv ;)
I have 2 greyhounds, 1 chihuahua (his name is DickCheney) and 3 cats.
I am an active participant on greytalk.com and bhamgreys.com
I have a husband and 3 children, and 1 soninlaw :)
Notice the order of introductions...... :lol: :lol:

What a great site, and I applaud every one of you who helps the least fortunate among us.

I also am a barbershop singer, and member of the Board of Directors for a local theatre company.
War Eagle! SEC rocks!
Pat Christians
bpws7878@bellsouth.net
Vestavia Hills, AL (10 miles south of Birmingham)
greytexplorer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Volunteer Offers