Introduce yourselves please!

This forum is for those who would like to volunteer other offers of assistance such as temporary fostering, ground transport, promotional material, website help, etc.
All user requests for these services must be done via PM or email.

Re: Introduce yourselves please!

Postby bizjetpilot on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:29 am

Hello folks. My name is Kurt and I discovered this site recently and am really excited about this group!

I currently fly full time in a Part 91 Corporate aircraft and unfortunately my schedule only allows me few firm days off, but my goal it to go part at some point and do work with PNP. Perhaps rent aircraft and fly animals or volunteer in other ways when possible. I wish my boss who owns the plane would be interested in this group as we fly all around the world and could transport animals on many flights, but that won't be an option for him.

I am based in KSNA/KVNY and used to flight instruct here many years ago. Can't imagine what they charge to rent small planes these days! :)

Anyway, I hope to help out soon!
bizjetpilot

Postby admin on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:45 am

[quote="bizjetpilot"]Hello folks. My name is Kurt and I discovered this site recently and am really excited about this group!

Hi Kurt and welcome to PNP, I would also like to welcome all our other new members! It is because of you that this program works!~~

Kurt, we do have a few corporate and charter pilots. Some have offered to fly animals on the corporate plane if it happens to be deaheading somewhere, i.e. for maintenance. Perhaps your boss would reconsider if he knew the flights were tax deductible? The FAA has deemed us "Humanitarian" flights and therefore portions of your flights are tax deductible as a donation. It is my understanding, but please double check, that complete plane rental is deductible?

I know that many times corporate plane owners and or charter owners worry about the interior of their aircraft. All animals are flown in crates, the interiors of all planes can be totally protected whether it be an RV-7 or a Hawker, Citation or Gulfstream!

We also have crates available for our pilots to use and keep with their planes.

Thanks for joining and hope you can jump in and do a flight now and then, you will find it extremely rewarding.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby cathousecarrie on Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:56 pm

Hi,
My name is Carrie Ellis. I am the rescue/ transport/ adoption coordinator for the Cat House on the Kings in Parlier, Ca. We rescue cats and small breed dogs out of the shelter. Currently we house about 1000 cats and have been featured on Animal Planet's "Must Love Cats"
National Geographic just filmed a pilot about our rescue last week.
We offer trade agreements with other cat rescues. If you have a feral or unadoptable cat we can trade for 5 adoptable adults or 25 adoptable kittens (under 6 months old.) We charge $40 per kitten for fully vetted kittens- this includes spay/neuter, vaccs,Frontline, Drontal,and FIV/Felv testing.
This agreement allows your unadoptable cat sanctuary here for the rest of his/her life. We also guarantee the kittens/ cats traded for. If at any time, the cat has to come back to us we will gladly trade. We cater more to ferals with our setup. This will allow us to make a dent in our local overpopulation problem. Our local SPCA euthanizes about 200 adoptable animals per day. This is the 3rd highest kill rate in our country.
The Cat House is dedicated to putting a dent in the harsh reality of Fresno County, Ca. We offer low cost or no cost spays and neuters in our area and rescue over 1000 cats per year as well as 150 small breed dogs from euthanasia.
This is costly and we hope that our recent publicity will help us continue with our mission.
If you are a rescue and would like to participate, please fill out our online surrender form at www.cathouseonthekings.com. Once approved, transportation will need to be arranged.
Thanks everyone. Looking forward to working with you!
Carrie Ellis
Cat House on the kings
www.cathouseonthekings.com
cathousecarrie

Postby admin on Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:46 pm

[quote="cathousecarrie"]Hi,
My name is Carrie Ellis. I am the rescue/ transport/ adoption coordinator for the Cat House on the Kings in Parlier, Ca. We rescue cats and small breed dogs out of the shelter. Currently we house about 1000 cats and have been featured on Animal Planet's "Must Love Cats"

Hi Carrie!

Welcome to our Pilots N Paws group and thank you for the tremendous love and care you show for the thousands of cat and kittens you continue to help. I did see Lynea and the cats on CATS 101 and was in awe of everything she has accomplished along with her many volunteers.

If you are in need of a volunteer pilots help, please feel free to post your requests to our forum board. If you or anyone else new to Pilots N Paws have questions or seek advice there are many here who are willing to provide or find an answer for you.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby cathousecarrie on Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Hi Debi,
Thank you so much for the warm welcome. I forwarded your information to Lynea. She responded immediately to this which is pretty astonishing as she recieves hundreds of emails a day.
We are looking forward to working closely with the Pilots N Paws group. Thank you so much for starting this amazing network! You have given the kitties of Fresno County, Ca new hope for a chance at life. The shelter we work with has about a 99% euthanasia rate for cats and kittens despite our best efforts to get these babies out of here. The dog euthanasia rate is 78%, which is also very high. We really need every resource we can get to save these lives!
We really hope that we can educate the public while working to save the cats already here. SPAY AND NEUTER are key to preventing this problem. We also want people that have unaltered cats breeding that if one of their cats or kittens enters the shelter here (or in almost any other area that is overpopulated as we are) there is really NO chance according to statistics that he or she will ever make it out alive. If they do by chance, get rescued they are often very ill due to the overcrowded conditions. At Cat House, we work to get these babies healthy and vetted and out of the shelter.
We will be discussing the instructions on how to get kitties flights out of here and shortly thereafter I will be working diligently to find outlets for them to go to.Now that we have a huge resource here, we may even be able to increase our adoption rate here by offering flight service to the adopter.
Debi, this is really amazing,I have been checking out all aspects of this site and the possibilites are amazing!
Thank you for all that you do!
Carrie Ellis
Cat House on the Kings
www.cathouseonthekings.com
cathousecarrie

Postby houndloversPA on Fri May 13, 2011 12:30 pm

Hello All,

I would like to introduce myself my name is Christine and I am a volunteer transporter with Rescue Road Warriors and anyone else that may send me an message needing help.
I rescue several dogs from SC & NC. Today I saved 2 from NC one from CCAC Whitesville and another beagle from Rutherford County Shelter. I have rescued/fostered or found homes for over 23 dogs since I started in Feb. I get such great satisfaction knowing I helped save a life. I am also a FOSTER FAILURE but I am proud of it. I rescued a Tree Walker hound from Rutherford NC that was a stray and was set to be PTS with no intrest. She barked alot in the shelter from fear so they put her in the bite room. I offered and paid to foster her but as soon I picked her up from the transport I knew she was staying for good. I brought her home and my fiancee fell in love instantly. She is going thru Heartworm treatment now and having some complications so paws crossed she makes it out all ok.

I am located in southern PA but raised in MD and live about 20 miles over the MD line.
My email is ccholmes227@aol.com.

I do petsitting and dog walking in the area to help out others in need.
Thanks for allowing me to join the group.

This is an amazing group to be apart of and I thank all the pilots for there time spent helping save those that cant speak for themselves.
houndloversPA

Postby smvalles on Fri May 20, 2011 3:53 pm

Hi !!!!

My name is Silvia M. Valles and I am the President/Founder of Octavio Feline Foundation a car rescue organization based in Miami, Fl.

I am in dire need to transport a cat from NY to WY, next week, if anybody could give us a hand, I will really appreciate.

Thanks,

Silvia
Silvia M. Valles
President/Founder
Octavio Feline Foundation
PO Box 440738
Miami, Fl. 33144
786-752-2122
www.octaviofelinefoundation.org
smvalles

Postby admin on Fri May 20, 2011 9:08 pm

Hi Silvia,

Thank you for all you do to help these cats! You need to post your transport request under the correct forum,

"Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=5 "

Open that forum section and click on NEW TOPIC, upper left of the page because your request is new. Then fill in your subject line with sending and receiving locations and zip codes. There are questions that need to be answered in the body of the message as well such as number of pets, sending and receiving parties, contact info, age weight of animal/s etc.

Once you make your post, you will need to check back and see if any pilots were in a position to be able to assist you with transport. You should be notified via email that someone has replied but I always suggest checking just to make certain. We also have a forum called "Rescues, do you have a question about how to post your request, ask it here" There are three outstanding volunteers who monitor that forum and will be happy to advise you.

Debi
admin
Site Admin

working to rescue

Postby Flowers on Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:33 pm

Hi My name is Karen and I live in Washington State. I work with others to rescue dogs and am working on a heeler mix which I am adopting out of a Lousiana gas chamber and bring him up to my home here in Washington. I am having trouble getting a second leg of transport from the Denver area to the Seattle area on June 7th... any suggestions?
Flowers

South east Michigan pilot

Postby rnobson on Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:18 pm

I am Rob Anderson and in South east Michigan I am not an aircraft owner but would be happy to offer services supporting pilots I recently retired from FAR part 121 airline flying and currently fly under part 135 willing to be a safety pilot in order to get the flights successfully completed
rnobson

Previous

Return to Other Volunteer Offers