URGENT Ground Transport from Kayenta, AZ to Tuba City

This forum is for those who would like to volunteer other offers of assistance such as temporary fostering, ground transport, promotional material, website help, etc.
All user requests for these services must be done via PM or email.

URGENT Ground Transport from Kayenta, AZ to Tuba City

Postby thejessies on Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Good Evening everyone! I am looking on this board to first see if anyone in the Utah/AZ area would be able to scoop up Shadow, a medium lab/hound/? mix from Kayenta Animal Shelter, which is unfortunately a kill shelter. She has been there since Friday, 10/11 and i am extremely afraid her time is running out. Once we get her out of there, that could buy some time to fly her home, here to New Jersey. I already have a foster/potential adopter here on the east coast - just need to get her out and over to a no kill shelter or to a foster until we can get her a ride home!!!!!

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: lab/hound/mix, black coat, gorgeous carmel eyes - will be about 30 lbs once she puts on some weight
Health Condition: I call every day and they say shes doing great - but when we found her, she was starving.
Heart worm Status: Clear.
Special needs: No.
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties: Kayenta Animal Shelter, Kayenta, AZ
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: have to work that out and confirm, hopefully TUBA CITY
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): sozzica@gmail.com
Are you a 501c3: No
Additional Info/situation: when my boy friend and i were on our trip last week, we found the most beautiful dog at our second to last campsite at sand island recreation area in southern Utah/Arizona. at first we thought she was someone's dog because she had a collar - but as i approached her, i realized she was extremely emaciated and starving and in very bad shape. Even through her fear and starvation, she was still able to wag her tail! we immediately realized we could not leave her and had to take her to a shelter immediately. We took her to Kayenta Animal Care Center (KACC) :pin: where she is now and is being fed constantly to get her weight up and taken care of. They are doing a great job and all they can do, but this is not the end of the story - i am desperately trying to find her a home. They made it clear that this is NOT a no kill shelter as they are not large enough to be.
She is all the way on the west coast, but i am already working and trying to make it possible to get her over here on the east coast.
Thanks to anyone who took the time to read!
PS- We named her Shadow and she is between 2-3 years old, they think.
thejessies

Return to Other Volunteer Offers