Stella needs a little help

This forum contains requests for transports that are older than 30 days and outdated pilot offers. If you know that a transport request listed here has been completed, please edit the subject line to "DONE" so that it can be moved to the appropriate forum.

Stella needs a little help

Postby calvinjames on Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:02 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: mixed, 25 lbs, 3 months
Health condition: good
Heartworm status: negative
Vaccinations: current second set of vaccinations
Health certificate: yes
Spayed/neutered: no, but will be after transport
Special needs: puppy
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Calvin James (406) 450-5477
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Kelley Romme
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Calvin James (406)450 5477
Are you a 501c3: NA
Date ready for transport: any time.
Additional info/situation: Puppy will be transported to the Denver area from western Kansas per weekly KC transport, if someone is willing to fly her north farther, I will meet and pick her up, if not, I would ask someone board her for a day, and get her to the Denver airport, United Airlines flights to Bozeman are availabe and are less than 2 hours flight time. Any help would be appreciated, Thank You.
She has a large crate already.
calvinjames

Re: Stella needs a little help

Postby montanaskygod on Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:58 pm

I can get her from Billings to Bozeman via ground. PJ 406-698-99543
montanaskygod

Postby ltlpilot68 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:27 pm

I can pick up in Denver and transport to DIA. If her traveling via airlines falls through, I may be able to fly a leg to get her where she's going

Stephanie
970-692-9244
Last edited by ltlpilot68 on Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
ltlpilot68

Postby DTBorden on Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:49 am

The question, "Are you a 501c3:" - "NA" is not an answer. Either "yes" or "no", please.
DTBorden

Postby Calvin James on Wed Jun 11, 2014 7:36 pm

[Moderator Edit]

501c3 refers to an organization, and as I am an individual, this questions is NA Not Applicable to me.

Thank You for your interest in helping Stella getting to her furever home, and hope you have a great rest of the week.
Last edited by admin on Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: edited for courtesy
Calvin James

Postby Calvin James on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:34 am

Mike asked me in a private message to post more information about Stella, so here we go.

She is only a few months old, and was in a kill shelter in Oklahoma. There are several city and county run shelters in western Kansas, that make incredible efforts to take care of stray , abandoned, and turned in animals of all breeds and types. They work together as a whole , and repost each others animals to help place all animals and prevent Euth in their areas. These incredible people and organizations could be a model of compassion for so many parts of the country.

As I have adopted myself, and helped place a pup or two, these ladies often include me in their postings of animals. This particular pup was one of them, and in less than a day, one of the young soldiers I served with sent me an email asking about her.

I contacted the original poster, and she went to Kansas to recue the pup, who was 1 day from being put down. She took the pup back to Kansas, and kept her while she administered her 1st and 2nd series of vaccines, and she is now ready to venture north to her new home. She will be living in Montana, on a ranch with a great family as a family pet and companion for the couple and their 4 children, and yes, they named her Stella.

So, I hope this is enough information [Moderator edit] as to whether or not I am a non profit organization [Moderator edit].

[Moderator edit] I am an individual, who spends his own time and money occasionally trying to help a pup or two find a good home, especially with people that I know will provide a good permanant home.

I also contribute to 5 Charity's through CFC directly from my pay checks. Americas Vet Dogs, Guide Dogs of America, and Puppies Behind Bars are the animal charities if you care to take a look at the work these people do. The other 2 are the Gary Sinese Foundation, and Soldiers Angels.
Last edited by admin on Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Courtesy
Calvin James

Postby ltlpilot68 on Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:47 am

Any status of when she'll be transferred through?

Thanks!

Stephanie
ltlpilot68

Return to Outdated Requests/Offers