comments

Need tech support using the forum? Check for answers here or post a question.
artsmonster

comments

Post by artsmonster » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:41 am

While trying to leave a comment, it says you must be logged in. I am logged in. Yet it redirects me to "World Press" which says my name and password are not registered. Who is World Press? Do I need to join something before I can comment on an article? Thanks, Art...

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: comments

Post by admin » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:57 pm

Art, are you trying to comment on the stories on the homepage? If so, you do have to register with Word Press now to leave a comment, sorry! We were having people leave spam messages, hundreds of them every week when we didn't require you to register to comment....I realize it is one more password to remember but sad to say we have to protect the website from spammers who I guess have nothing better to do with their lives!

Debi

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:47 am

Hi Debi. Yes, it was on an article. I understand now. Will do. Thanks. Art

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:34 am

Debi. I have tried several times to make a comment on the flyin. No link to "world Press" if you try to log in. I had to do a Bing search, then try to find which one of a bunch of "World Press" sites that had the moniker look like the one in the log in page. After finding what I think is the one PNP uses, I did get a username and password. I can log into their site now, but still not PNP comments. I also noticed no other comments on the flyin except the one from before the event. Most other articles have no comments either. Is there a way for members of PNP to make comments on our site? It looks as if it's so difficult to do, even we can't do it. :( Art...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:40 am

artsmonster wrote:Debi. I have tried several times to make a comment on the flyin. No link to "world Press" if you try to log in. I had to do a Bing search, then try to find which one of a bunch of "World Press" sites that had the moniker look like the one in the log in page. After finding what I think is the one PNP uses, I did get a username and password. I can log into their site now, but still not PNP comments. I also noticed no other comments on the flyin except the one from before the event. Most other articles have no comments either. Is there a way for members of PNP to make comments on our site? It looks as if it's so difficult to do, even we can't do it. :( Art...
Art, I will talk with our webmaster and see what can be done. I just used my WordPress username and password and it worked just fine....left a comment under the flyin :-) When you open the story you would like to comment on, or just click on the comment tab for that story, it should prompt you to log in. Log in using your Wordpress username and you should be able to post?

Here is the link to go to in order to get a Wordpress username. You do NOT have to sign up for their blog pages, you can opt to ony have a username and password.

http://en.wordpress.com/signup/

I will see if our webmaster can add a link to the Wordpress sign on page when you click on "comment". Perhaps we can even set the spam filter and take the sign up to comment feature off, it was just CRAZY with the hundreds of spammers comment and writing gibberish every single day. Thanks for letting me know and please try to click on comment, log in using your WordPress id and see what happens. I already have a wordpress ID so not sure if they send an auto-reply notice to your email for activation or not, I can't remember!

Debi (off to work on this for ya'll!)

artsmonster

Post by artsmonster » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:35 am

Thanks Debi for trying. The link you sent me opens my profile at world press, so my username and password are there. Yet, when I click on comments under the article, enter my username and password it says my username is invalid. It doesn't leave you with any options. Oh well. I tried. Had a great time there, and thank you for the use of the car. What a great venue, and the staff, both Pilots N paws, and Triple Tree were terrific. This also made a great impression on our grandaughter Lexi. She still hasn't stopped talking about all the puppies she played with. Thank you again for all the work and dedication you did. This was a great weekend! Art and Patty...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:30 pm

Art, sorry you are having trouble posting your comments.....I posed them for you and the good news is, our webmaster tells me there is a way to allow you to post and also limit spammers. He will let me know more about it on Monday so don't give up hope, we will find a way to make it easier!

Glad that all of you enjoyed the flyin and how wonderful that your granddaughter will always remember the pilots and others who helped animals in need and treated them kindly. Important for kids to see and experience that......

Debi