Transport from Vermilion

The purpose of this forum is NOT to post or coordinate transports but to mentor those who would like to learn how to utilize the "Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport" features. Volunteer mentors will do their best to answer your questions and share their knowledge and experience.

Transport from Vermilion

Postby Dalinda on Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:16 pm

I am in WA and trying to organize a rescue for a 6 mo. old catahoula pup. I would need him transported from Vermilion Parish Rabies Animal Control in LA to Houston, TX and sign him in to Alaska Airlines. I don't have an exact date yet. Does he need to be in quarentine for a certain amount of time before Pilots N Paws takes him? He will be fully vetted. This is my first time doing this and would appreciate any kindly input. Thank you.
Dalinda

Re: Transport from Vermilion

Postby suzy on Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:05 am

Hi Dalinda,
As long as he has had age-appropriate vaccines and has a health certificate from a vet and a pilot is willing, he can fly.
Best,
Suzy
suzy

Re: Transport from Vermilion

Postby Dalinda on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:11 am

Good to hear. Thank you!
Dalinda

Return to Rescues, Do You Have a Question about How to Request a Transport? Ask it Here!