Possible Joining With Another Transport

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
LindaJMerideth

Possible Joining With Another Transport

Post by LindaJMerideth » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:28 am

Hi, My name is Linda Merideth. I volunteer for Animal Welfare League (www.awlofms.org) a 501(c)(3) based in Greenville, Mississippi We have a dog surrendered that is now in Tuscaloosa, AL. We have a rescuer in Santa Fe, NM who will take him. That is something like 1200 miles.

I see another transport request from Daytona Beach to Lordsburg, NM. Would it be possible for our one dog, Gabriel, a large Treeing Walker Coonhound, to hitch a ride on that transport? If so, I will need to drive 6 hrs. to Tuscaloosa to pick him up and bring back to Gulf Breeze, FL, where I now live.

Thanks so much!
Linda J. Merideth
www.awlofms.org

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Possible Joining With Another Transport

Post by deeogee1 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:52 pm

Hi Linda,
I got an email that Gabriel is now in Nashville~~if that's correct then I guess you won't be trying to join the other transport. But if ever do see a transport going the same direction as one of yours, just post your request on that thread & reference the transport thread you started. It's up to the sender and all the pilots as to whether
they can add a dog since space or other issues may be a problem. But most pilots are happy to take as many as possible when flying. :)

Joanne

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:02 am

No, Gabriel is still with Carol in Tuscaloosa. I sent out an email saying a pilot had offered to fly Gabriel to Nashville.......but, he has not flown Gabriel yet.

Thank you for the advice...........I will do that now.

Thanks so much,
Linda

mikegreen
Zip Code: 80204
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KBJC
Distance willing to fly one way: 75

Post by mikegreen » Mon Apr 07, 2014 11:06 am

As a pilot I say it is fine to ask to combine a trip.

That said, that is a long trip and logistics can be interesting, especially if weather goes sour. It is best to find folks that can foster along the way in case a flight is canceled or other changes. Also, some pilots will be reluctant to put unknown dogs together in a small plane cabin; so depends what arrangement there, too.

You can see other trips that might be similar at the map here:
http://pilotsnpaws.org/maps/maps_trips.php

regards,
Mike
---
Mike
part time forum, maps, and web server jockey with occasional flying

LindaJMerideth

Post by LindaJMerideth » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:47 pm

I apologize to everyone!!! My Laptop got a virus, and I just this past Wednesday bought another one. Then, it's been so long since I was able to log in, I could not remember my password....sorry.

There is good news, though! Gabriel was transported (via both pilots and volunteer drivers) to New Mexico and is doing great! Thank you all for caring about him, and please forgive me for not updating you sooner.