question/commercial need person to 'accompany'

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
Giant_Schnauzer

question/commercial need person to 'accompany'

Post by Giant_Schnauzer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:20 pm

Which forum do I post in to find a person who would 'accompany' (Commercial flight) two senior Giant Schnauzers who need to go MIA ATL? (size #500 kennels)
Thanks,
Joan

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: question/commercial need person to 'accompany'

Post by suzy » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:36 pm

That's an interesting question. I'm not sure I have an answer for you.
May I ask why you need someone to accompany the dogs when they will be traveling in crates in the cargo section of the airplane?

Giant_Schnauzer

Post by Giant_Schnauzer » Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:57 pm

To reduce their airfare. To fly "with" a passenger (in the cargo hold), their airfare would be $100 or $150, but without, it would be over $500 per dog because they would then go as air cargo and be charged for the weight of dog & kennel or volume of kennel, depending on the airline.

deeogee1
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 46254
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by deeogee1 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:32 pm

Giant_Schnauzer wrote:Which forum do I post in to find a person who would 'accompany' (Commercial flight) two senior Giant Schnauzers who need to go MIA ATL? (size #500 kennels)
Thanks,
Joan
Joan,
I would post the trip in the Animals Needing Transport section using the zip codes for start & finish and explain the situation in your post. You can also look through the section Commercial Aviation Personnel Transport Offers and email or PM anyone posting there that you think might help. And check the profiles of volunteers along the route to see if anyone fits your need.

Good luck,
Joanne