Gathering Vital Information to Request Transport Assistance

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
robertam
PNP Transport Advisor
Zip Code: 40502
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Gathering Vital Information to Request Transport Assistance

Post by robertam » Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Like many of you, I am asked to coordinate many PNP transports. After doing this for awhile, I've developed a form that streamlines the process when someone first contacts me about coordinating a transport for them. It contains all the essential information you'll need to have in order to post your request for transport assistance: especially the data you'll need about the starting and final destinations and basic information about the animal(s) needing transport. So whenever someone asks me to coordinate a transport for them, I send them this form and ask them to complete it and send it back to me. Then I can post my request for tranport assistance. This isn't a mandatory requirement; nor is the format a "PNP format," it is simply something that I've developed that I thought I would share with everyone.

Happy coordinating!

Roberta
PNP, Advisor for Shelters/Rescues

Here is the form:

PILOTSNPAWS TRANSPORT COORDINATION REQUEST FORM: ESSENTIAL INFORMATION

Sending Shelter/Rescue/Person
Name of Organization[if applicable]:
Contact Info
Person’s Name:
E-mail:
Phone: [has text messaging]
Sending Location/Starting Location
City
State
Zip Code

Receiving Shelter/Rescue/Person
Name of Organization[if applicable]:
Contact Info
Person’s Name:
E-mail:
Phone: [has text messaging]
Receiving Location/Final Destination
City
State
Zip Code

Passenger/Animal Information
#:
Name(s)
Weight(s):
Breed(s):

NOTE: PilotsNPaws doesn’t require any person or organization requesting transport assistance to use this form or any form like it.
Roberta Harding
PNP Transport Advisor
Kentucky Animal Relief Fund, Inc.
Lexington, KY
e-mail: [email protected]
cell: 859-338-3470

catmd22

Re: Gathering Vital Information to Request Transport Assista

Post by catmd22 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:28 am

very cool, thanks

Eric27
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by Eric27 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Looks great, I have some suggestions to add.

As a pilot the first thing I look for is locations, airport identifiers don’t always get my attention but towns where the airports are located will. If I see a pick up or drop off in my local area I’ll look further. Next I look at what I might be transporting and how many. If you are looking to transport 2 Boston Terriers I know I can put two in one crate in my back seat and off we go. If you have 2 German Sheppard’s, sorry, I might take one. If it’s a mom and a few pups I might look more. Next I look to see when this needs to happen, I need to plan ahead and see if I can get a plane, some of us that rent need to see if we can get a plane. After I know I can get a plane and I want to fly this route then I’ll contact the coordinator for the rest of the information.

Next we move into the information gathering. Most pilots like to know how the animals can be transported, harness or crates. If crates, what size are they, will they fit in my plane? If you are transporting more then one animal can they all fit in one crate or will we need more crates. Who will supply the crates, if the sender doesn’t have crates where can the pilot get crates? Once I get this information now the rest of the information will be needed.

I hope this information helps

catmd22

Post by catmd22 » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:06 pm

It helps very much!! thanks... and now I understand more ;)

doots514

Post by doots514 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:21 pm

This is my first time requesting a transport with Pilots N Paws.

I don't really understand how I need to go about it or where I need to send the request.

We have a mom and 7 pups in Fullerton, California that need to go to Madison, WI

What do I need to do?

Thanks Dee Dee Smith

JillKelly

Post by JillKelly » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:36 pm

I'm in need of transporting a rescued puppy from Sacramento California to Mpls/StPaul Airport. How do I go about requesting help?
Thank you, Jill Kelly

prestridgemama08

Post by prestridgemama08 » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:50 pm

This is my first time hearing about this program and the incredible service you provide. There is a beautiful puppy in Texas on a kill list that we are wanting to adopt here in Pennsylvania. The organization that is currently taking care of the puppy told me about your services. If sometime could get in contact with me about how to set everything up it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.

smp723benwes

Re: Gathering Vital Information to Request Transport Assistance

Post by smp723benwes » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:29 am

Hi - We have put in a transport request for a GSD pup from Wilmington OH to Cypress, TX. We filled out the form last night. It is not clear when we will hear from anyone, and I am wondering if you could tell us how this works. We of course, are willing to pay whatever we need to, but this is really important because the rescue is having major surgery on Aug. 24, 2016, and I can receive the puppy anytime by Aug. 22, so the request is from Aug. 15 to Aug. 21 I believe.

I don't want my adoption to be cancelled and She and I are wondering how we can do this.

Thank you so much! Please help us if you can!

Suzy Parker/Kelli Chambers
281-379-3312

smp723benwes

Post by smp723benwes » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Carolc: I have a very short video of Sugar...How do I add it.

And - Do the pilots to whom I have sent an email sometimes just not reply at all? Time is getting so very close now but
we are not going to give up!

Thank you!

Suzy Parker/Kelli Chambers

smp723benwes

Post by smp723benwes » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:25 am

Thank you so much!