Looking for info how to transport a rescue

Just ask! Volunteer mentors are here to share their knowledge and experience.
totos.tribe

Looking for info how to transport a rescue

Post by totos.tribe » Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:12 pm

Hi There:

I'm trying to find a way to transport a rescue from Puerto Vallarta to it's new forever home and family waiting for it in Victoria, BC. How do I go about asking for help through this website? Cost is a factor as I am only a dog rescuing other dogs and not part of any organization. I believe it probably has to be a commercial flight.

Any suggestions? Many thanks, Jean

suzy
Zip Code: 29860
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Looking for info how to transport a rescue

Post by suzy » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:35 pm

Thank you for your willingness to help an animal in need. The distance you are requesting if just too far. General Aviation pilots are also very controlled by weather and this time of year the possibility of ice exists in the northern climates.

Pilots N Paws is a group of pilots based in the U.S. so their assistance into other countrys will likely not be available. There are also import and export requirements and guidelines to be followed as well which can be found on the USDA website.

It would be best to transport your animal into the states and then ask for a volunteer pilots help to fly at least part of the route. If you read the guidelines you can familiarize yourself with the normal distance one pilot is willing to fly which is approximately 250 nautical miles, on average. Weather is also a controlling concern so flexibility is extremely important. Commercial airlines will be the best option for you considering the miles involved.

Thank you for offering to help this rescue animal and wish we could offer more assistance.

Debi Boies
Co-Founder, Pilots N Paws
Landrum, S.C.
www.pilotsnpaws.org
www.dobermanassistance.org
www.castleridgefarm.com