2011 Pilots N Paws Awareness Event Sept.17 PLEASE REPLY!

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
hmueller

Re: 2011 Pilots N Paws Awareness Event Sept.17 PLEASE REPLY

Post by hmueller » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:21 pm

I sent an email to [email protected], but have not received a response. I live in Saginaw, MI and was considering coming down to Florence, SC on Friday to help transport some dogs. I have a Cessna 182 with long-range tanks. Do you have any dogs that need to come in this direction, or any dogs in the Michigan/Ohio area that need to be transported in your direction. Please let me know ASAP. I'm new to this site and am not sure how to hook up with a client for the Florence, SC event this weekend.

Howard Mueller

Lucy

Post by Lucy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:56 pm

Hello, my daughter and I are new to the Pilots and Paws. we are wondering if it is too late to sign up for the Chester 22, we live in the Saratoga Springs NY area, north of Albany. We are willing to help, even if its to meet other pilots half way to move animals to the NE corner. Thanks Lucy, [email protected]

mars1259
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KORH
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Post by mars1259 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:11 pm

Need any help up north? Based in Westerly, RI, can go as far south as eastern PA to help out if anything coming up this way. email me at [email protected] if you need help.
Joe Marsala
N5689P PA24-180
Based @ KORH, Worcester, MA
[email protected]

jdcpilot

Post by jdcpilot » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:23 pm

TO ALL MY FELLOW PILOTS N PAWS FRIENDS,

I could not attend the 2011 PNP Awarness event due to my attending the Reno Air Races. I have been going to the races since the 70's but this year was the most tragic ever. At this time, 9 have lost their lives and several are still critical. Dozens more remain in the hospital. If the plane had hit 50 yards to the South, hundreds would have been killed. I have known Jimmy Leeward for over 20 years. Jimmy was an excellent aviator!! The Ghost hit very close to a box seat reserved by several retired Northwest Airline Pilots. Several were injured. I had just been at their box but went back to the Dreadnaught Pit to watch the race with my friends from Sanders Aircraft.

I want all to know, I wore my PNP Cap and Tshirt and I had many pilots come up and make very nice remarks about PNP.

Please keep the victims and their families in your thoughts and prayers.

The most tragic day of my life,

Jim Carney
Pilot for PNP
Captain Northwest Airlines (ret)