Have Any of you made transport flights into Canada?

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Have Any of you made transport flights into Canada?

Post by admin » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 am

Hi All,

If any of you have worked with pilots who have made rescue flights into Canada or connected with a pilot from Canada please send me an email at [email protected] We are working on a way to make it easier to include transports there.

Thank you!

Admin

gone2thedogs

Re: Have Any of you made transport flights into Canada?

Post by gone2thedogs » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Hello,

Just wondering if you got any replies on this? We are looking for someone in the Washington state area to transport just over the border into one of our smaller airports but I was wondering a) if there was anyone willing to do it and b) if there would be any issues (regulations?) with a small US aircraft coming into Canada and landing. I tried googling it but really didn't come up with much, any feedback/help is appreciated!

Erica

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Have Any of you made transport flights into Canada?

Post by admin » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:15 pm

gone2thedogs wrote:Hello,
Just wondering if you got any replies on this? We are looking for someone in the Washington state area to transport just over the border into one of our smaller airports but I was wondering a) if there was anyone willing to do it and b) if there would be any issues (regulations?) with a small US aircraft coming into Canada and landing. I tried googling it but really didn't come up with much, any feedback/help is appreciated!
Erica
Hi Erica,
Input from pilots who have flown into Canada and other information regarding these transports has been discussed on the board in another post. Please click here and read the information available.

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewtopic. ... lit=Canada

You can make your request to the forum board by looking at a map, making a straight line and choosing a U.S. zip code that are closest to the point you need the animal flown too. Alos put the location in Canada in your subject line.

We do have a few pilots in Canada who volunteer and check the board now and then for requests headed their way. You can also work on getting a flight to the boarder and use ground transport from there. I keep hoping someone will want to start a similar program to PNP in Canada, we are happy to advise and help. We are trademarked in Canada but we are not listed as a charitable organization there since we are based in the U.S. Hope this information is helpful.

FYI, in the upper right of the forum board is a search engine. Often times if you just type in a word you need, like Canada, several posts will show up and you can scan through them looking for information you need. We also have a Pilot and a Rescue FAQ icons at the top of the page by the search engine as well. Lots of info their for rescues and pilots.

Thanks for helping the animals,
Debi