Transport for rescued cat from so. cal to Phila.

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
catpaws

Transport for rescued cat from so. cal to Phila.

Post by catpaws » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi, I have an approved adopter in Philly for a rescued cat being fostered in Seal Beach, CA. I had a reservation on PetAirways but due to equipment change they have canceled flights until at least December 19. I don't want to lose the adopter for this young cat who has been in foster care for months. I am willing to make a donation of course. I am new to this so any suggestions/ideas are welcome! Thank you. Deborah with CatPAWS, www.helensanderscatpaws.com.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport for rescued cat from so. cal to Phila.

Post by admin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:24 pm

catpaws wrote:Hi, I have an approved adopter in Philly for a rescued cat being fostered in Seal Beach, CA. I had a reservation on PetAirways but due to equipment change they have canceled flights until at least December 19. I don't want to lose the adopter for this young cat who has been in foster care for months. I am willing to make a donation of course. I am new to this so any suggestions/ideas are welcome! Thank you. Deborah with CatPAWS, http://www.helensanderscatpaws.com.
Hi Deborah and thank you for your rescue work. Unfortunately, the distance from CA to PA is simply too far for small plane pilots. Your only options are going to be waiting for Pet Airways to return to service or send via commercial. Best of luck to you and this kitty!

catpaws

Re: Transport for rescued cat from so. cal to Phila.

Post by catpaws » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:40 pm

I thought that might be the case but I thought I'd give it a shot. Thanks for getting back to me, though! Love your organization's work.