Foster Homes

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
mrreddick
Zip Code: 76179
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Airport identifier: T67
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Foster Homes

Post by mrreddick » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:52 pm

Can someone enlighten me as to how to find volunteer foster homes? If the Trip request says Decatur, TX to Royersville, PA, how can I find a foster
in the Nashville, Tn, area. There should be a link somewhere to make this easier but after 45 minutes, I haven't found it! HELP!!!! :shock:
Mike Reddick
RV-6A N167CW
T67, Fort Worth, TX

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Foster Homes

Post by admin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:08 pm

Mike,
If the request has been posted to the Ride Board, open up the original request and under the subject line you will see Mapping Options. Click on that and several options will come up.

Because we have so many wonderful volunteers now, the google map system gets overwhelmed so we had to narrow the links down to choices. You should be able to choose a link that says Volunteers closest to end point or starting point or one for all volunteers.

If you choose the all volunteers link, it will take you to a map that might need a few minutes to load. Once it does it should show you the locations and you can click on the balloons or the username, go to their profile page and email them from the board.

Or, if you choose the nearest to sending or receiving cities option, you will need to grab the username connected to the location you need, then click on Members on the upper right of each page, and use the search feature for that username and it will take you to their profile page where you have the email them from the board option.

Let me know if you need any further help , these instructions are also under the FAQ section for Pilots and Rescues upper right of each forum board page. Lots of good info in these FAQ sections!

Debi