mom and puppies

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
janjanfostermom
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

mom and puppies

Post by janjanfostermom » Thu May 29, 2014 2:41 pm

I work with a rescue in Toms River New Jersey, Puppy Love Dog Rescue but I live in Leland Mississippi and helping a shelter with transporting doggies to New Jersey. At this time the shelter in Clarksdale Mississippi has a mommy that is in foster care that will be giving birth hopefully by this weekend according to the vet visit yesterday. I am trying to find out the process of getting the mom to New Jersey when the pups are 2 weeks. They are limited to foster homes down here in Mississippi and the family that has her can only keep her for about 2 weeks after they are born. To put this mom at the shelter with the babies will be a death sentence for them because they have had parvo at the shelter. I told them the only way I could help is if she was never at the shelter and did not give birth there so someone did step up but the husband said 2 weeks no more. I know that a ground transport will be to rough on her and the pups and flying them will be less stressful . I just need to be put in the right direction for her to get her to Jersey where they do have a foster home for her and the pups when they get there.. Thanks so much Janet ([email protected]) is my email ...