AOPA Aviation Summit - Long Beach, CA - Nov 11-13, 2010

A general discussion forum for all members interested in transporting needy animals.
Forum rules
Do not post transport requests here. Post them in Ride Board.
PilotChip
Zip Code: 92026
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCRQ
Distance willing to fly one way: 200

AOPA Aviation Summit - Long Beach, CA - Nov 11-13, 2010

Post by PilotChip » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Greetings all,
AIRCRAFT OWNERS AND PILOTS ASSOCIATION - AOPA will be hosting their second annual AVIATION SUMMIT from November 11-13, 2010 (Thursday to Saturday) at the Convention Center in downtown Long Beach, CA.

I suggested to Debi the idea of staffing a PNP informational booth and she said it would be possible if we can get volunteers to staff it each day for the duration of the program. I have not coordinated anything with AOPA directly as of yet since it is still a bit early, but first I wanted to see if anybody was interested. I am guessing that each volunteer shift would be no more than a few hours.

The first Aviation Summit in Tampa, FL last year ran from 9am to 6pm Thursday and Friday and 6:30pm on Saturday.
In theory we could staff 3 teams volunteering 3 hours each. I assume teams need not be more than 3 volunteers max?

Our primary goal would be to have pilot volunteers present at all times, but others are certainly welcome - we are all a part of the team effort. Debi has some good information including posters and maybe some handouts. I could possibly put together a looping powerpoint with some of your videos and photographs and a second one displaying information about our organization.

Helpful Links: Your input and suggestions are valuable. Please post here or email me directly.
Jason Chipkin | San Diego, CA | Flight Tracker: CMF01
Serving Southern California, Nevada and Arizona