EMAIL NOTIFICATION OF NEW TRANSPORT REQUESTS

READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE USING RIDE BOARD

EMAIL NOTIFICATION OF NEW TRANSPORT REQUESTS

Postby Steve Foley on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:17 pm

A new feature is available that will allow pilots to get automatic notification of new transport requests in their area. Some of you may have noticed this was turned on yesterday, but caused some unexpected emails. This has been turned off, but may be turned on individually.

To turn on email notifications, the pilots must go to the user control panel, select profile, and scroll to the bottom to the field labelled "Distance willing to fly one way:". This number is presently set to zero. Setting this to 100 will cause the system to notify you, through email, of any transport request that passes less than 100 miles from your airport.

This link should bring you to the profile page where you can change your options.

http://pilotsnpaws.org/forum/ucp.php?i=164
Last edited by Steve Foley on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Re: EMAIL NOTIFICATION OF NEW TRANSPORT REQUESTS

Postby Steve Foley on Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:45 pm

bump

Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby admin on Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:34 pm

THANK YOU STEVE!! What a great feature for pilots who have been asking us if they can be notified of flight requests in their area.

Pilots, please take advantage of Steve's hard work and customize the perimeters that suit your flight requirements. If you need help in following Steve's instructions, please just ask, we will do our best to assist you.

Thanks again Steve, you are remarkable!

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby Skywagon180 on Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:10 am

I changed my preferences but am not getting these emails. What can I do to fix it?

Rhonda Miles
Skywagon180

Postby Steve Foley on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Skywagon180 wrote:I changed my preferences but am not getting these emails. What can I do to fix it?

Rhonda Miles

The airports database is not up to date. Your airport is still listed a 3M3. I'll see if I can add KFGU to the database.

EDIT: It should work now (I hope)

Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby Skywagon180 on Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:32 am

Thanks Steve... It's working now.

Rhonda
Skywagon180

Postby elliottdeg on Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:22 pm

In my profile, I listed my airport location and set my flight distance to 200 miles. I haven't received any e-mail notices of new transport requests. Is this because no flights have been requested within 200 miles of my airport or because I haven't done something properly in my profile? Thanks for your help.
elliottdeg

Postby admin on Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:34 pm

elliottdeg wrote:In my profile, I listed my airport location and set my flight distance to 200 miles. I haven't received any e-mail notices of new transport requests. Is this because no flights have been requested within 200 miles of my airport or because I haven't done something properly in my profile? Thanks for your help.

Elliott, I double checked and as far as I can see, you have entered your distance information correctly. However, there is presently a request that is originating in Frederick , MD, which is I believe where you are based, so you should have received notification of this unless you changed your profile distance after this request post was made? The request is dated July 15.

I would also suggest checking your spam or junk mail folder and adding the pilotsnpaws address to your safe email address file in case your ISP is rejecting the notices.

Let us know, we can research this further for you if needed!

Debi
admin
Site Admin

Postby Pit$bull on Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:46 pm

jimmy129 wrote:I have a 4 yr old white female Boxer that needs to go from Las Vegas NV to Raleigh NC,the owner had tramatic brain injury 3 months ago & remains in hospital where she'll most likely remain for life,her house is being foreclosed on,power will be shut off this week & I cant care for the dogs any longer,so my sister in NC has agreed to take Roxy the Boxer,but now we're being told that she can't fly as cargo beneath the plane because Boxers have a scrunched up nose,she would have to fly with a passenger.
Can anyone help?
jakbqwik99@aol.com
You have posted in the wrong forum. Your transport request should be posted here viewforum.php?f=5

Good luck,
Bob
Pit$bull

Postby tysonlee on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:11 am

2. Puppies should be strictly quarantined for at least 2 weeks. Avoid mixing litters or mixing pups from different sources. Puppies should be kept in an area that can be easily disinfected. All other dogs coming in contact with the pups should have a current DA2P-CPV vaccine.
tysonlee

Return to Ride Board Announcements