ATTENTION RESCUES! READ NOW!

READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE USING RIDE BOARD
wayneowens

Re: ATTENTION RESCUES! READ NOW!

Post by wayneowens » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:35 am

Zip codes arent nearly as helpful as airport identifiers would be.
Wayne

Jon

Post by Jon » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:51 am

Wayne,

While I agree Zip Codes may be a little more cumbersome because we first have to look up where they are and then look for area airports I actually prefer to know exactly where the rescues are located, not the airport they think is the best one.

If for example a post lists Charlotte NC that's OK, but if the rescue is actually slightly west of Charlotte and I am coming from the west to me it makes more sense for both of us to join up at an airport on the west side. Without a zip code I wouldn't know the rescue's location.

However, once I do a transport for a rescue I then know what airports will work out best for us and I don't need zip codes or airport identifiers. But some means of showing the rescue's location is critical as you can understand.

chela
Zip Code: 90027
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Post by chela » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:39 pm

I want to say how much I appreciate this resource. Unfortunately there are some bad apples and/or flakes in rescue and it is a shame that they can spoil it for the rest. I do want you to know that what I personally prefer to do is to move my responses to private emails so I can include the receiving party on the plans. It might look as though there was no response on the forum but we are talking via phone or email. Thank you for doing this, it has been a real miracle.

P.A.W.S.

Post by P.A.W.S. » Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:46 am

Thank you. After being unable to list a zip code outside the U.S., I was wondering if the PnP program was limited to the U.S. only.
I couldn't post without having a recieving zip, so I just used the closest U.S. zip to their destination.
I hope this was okay.
Does anyone know if pilots fly that far North? (The Y.T., Canada)
Thanks again.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes

Post by admin » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:26 am

P.A.W.S. wrote:Thank you. After being unable to list a zip code outside the U.S., I was wondering if the PnP program was limited to the U.S. only.
I couldn't post without having a recieving zip, so I just used the closest U.S. zip to their destination.
I hope this was okay.
Does anyone know if pilots fly that far North? (The Y.T., Canada)
Thanks again.
We are presently working on adding Candadian postal codes but it is a long process. In the meantime, your only option is to use the closest U.S. zip code along your transport route for sending and Receiving. Hopefully by the end of the summer, barring any glitches, we will have this worked out.

Debi

eyeland1000

Post by eyeland1000 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:40 pm

A PILOTS REQUEST TO ALL RESCUES- PLEASE READ..AS YOUR PILOT WILL THANK YOU FOR IT.

We consider it an honor to be of service to all of YOU. And quite honestly, WE are the ones who are in awe of YOU, and all that you do

YOU live Animal Rescue 24/7. YOU do a great job with late night phone calls, networking with your counterparts ...desperate emails...... vetting.... boarding...., driving,...and overcoming the hundred other bureaucratic hassles of pulling dogs from kill shelters that sometimes are less than helpful.

And YOU have the hardest job of all. Visiting the kill shelter and looking into each dogs eyes...seeing their litle souls...and knowing you can't save them all.... I honestly don"t know how you do it.

Our part is easy...we fly em after all the hard work is done!

There are just a couple of things that you can do to make the life of your Rescue Pilot's job and with all due respect I will share them with you.

1. Please be forgiving if your pilot is not there at exactly the specified time. Light airplanes are subject to wind, weather, and a host of other variables that are out of your pilots control. Its not the time to give your rescue pilot attitude! He's just done the best he could.

2. Please come on time. After a long flight, your pilot will want to head home. If you bring him a sandwich or soda he will love you forever, because in Rescue Flying as in life it's the little things that make the difference.

3. Please bring enough CRATES and LEASHES for your animals. It doesn't sound important, but it makes a big difference.

4. This is a big one, and has happened to me more times than I wish to remember.. (This one is for the "Receiving Rescues)....

If your Animals are being met at the airport by a bunch of Rescues, please authorize the first on the "scene" to accept the dogs for the stragglers.
Otherwise, your pilot has to wait until everyone arrives, does their "meet and greet", and get organized.

Thank you all for listening. And thank you for all you do!

Scott Messinger

chela
Zip Code: 90027
Foster?: No

Post by chela » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 am

As someone who has used P and P many times, you have my undying gratitude for the difference you have made. There is so much bad and cruelty in this world, and when you see someone giving of themselves just to help a creature they have never met it is extremely touching. Thank you again for all you do.