Transport in rental airplane

Guidelines and tips from Pilots N Paws members to help with rescue transports.
Pchaynes

Transport in rental airplane

Post by Pchaynes » Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:08 am

I'm a newly minted pilot who chose to get certified in part to participate with this great organization. I'm a few years away from owning but would like to get started transporting using the rentals available to me at my home field (C172D).

Are there any regulations that would prohibit me from doing this through PNP?

Any words of advice out there for me as a new pilot wanting to use my skills with PNP?

BTW, I saw and spoke to Scott (1000 rescue) at KFLO on my first solo cross country! Kismet to see his plane and know I was going to be helping out soon!

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Transport in rental airplane

Post by admin » Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Pchaynes wrote:I'm a newly minted pilot who chose to get certified in part to participate with this great organization. I'm a few years away from owning but would like to get started transporting using the rentals available to me at my home field (C172D).Are there any regulations that would prohibit me from doing this through PNP?
Any words of advice out there for me as a new pilot wanting to use my skills with PNP?
W, I saw and spoke to Scott (1000 rescue) at KFLO on my first solo cross country! Kismet to see his plane and know I was going to be helping out soon!
Welcome to PNP, thank you for joining! Several of our pilots rent aircraft. The only requirement for transporting rescue animals is that you have a current pilot's license. Because we have our 501c3 status, 100% of your plane rental is likely tax deductible though please check with your tax advisor.

On the upper right corner of every page on the forum board, you will see an FAQ section, one listed as Pilots with a plane icon and the other listed as Rescues with a lifesaver. We suggest reading through those as they often answer any questions you may have. Always feel free to ask on the board though, everyone is happy to share their experiences, advice, etc.

If you need crates for your transports, our sponsor Petmate provides them for your use. Just send an email to [email protected] with the size/s you feel will fit in the plane you will be renting and we will make certain they are shipped to you. We also request that you send photos and a short blurb about the rescue transports you do so that we can share them on our website.

Great that you go to meet Scott, I would say it definitely was kismet!
Debi