Crate

Guidelines and tips from Pilots N Paws members to help with rescue transports.
jdorton

Crate

Post by jdorton » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:28 am

Has anyone used a soft sided for transporting a large dog? is there a downside to the soft sided crates?

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Crate

Post by admin » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 pm

Hey there and yes, there is a big downside to using even the best manufactured softsided crates.....determined dogs can get out of them and have. Some have chewed or clawed through the sides, others have pawed through the doors which is why Pilots N Paws only provides hard sided airline approved crates for our pilots to use. Early on we purchased a pop up soft sided crate for my co-founder Jon to use. Upon his landing attempt, he had a large dog with paws on his shoulder who had previously been in a very nice and well built soft sided crate :D Fortunately, the landing went well and the dog did not attempt to jump onto his lap!

We are happy to provide hard sided crates free of charge to our pilots. Just send an email to [email protected] with the dimensions of the area you will be securing the crate.

Debi

jdorton

Re: Crate

Post by jdorton » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:58 pm

thank you so much for the reply Debi...that is exactly to sort of thing I was afraid of...I will measure my cargo are and sent a request

Jon