Need Help and advise

Guidelines and tips from Pilots N Paws members to help with rescue transports.
Eric27
Foster?: No
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Need Help and advise

Post by Eric27 » Sun May 20, 2012 8:18 pm

My daughter found a Lemon Beagle the other day. This dog was pregnant and had 7 puppies. Being a PNP Pilot I am looking for some help here. I can’t keep all of them. We might keep the mom and one puppy but I need to move the rest. Also I’m thinking of setting up a 503c corp to help with some of the expenses. Can someone help me with moving the puppies and with the 503c corp?

BhamBama

Re: Need Help and advise

Post by BhamBama » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Hi Eric,

I see you're in GA. I'm in AL and have infinite amount of time on my hands since furlough. At a crossroads with aviation career, and want to explore. If it's not financial help you need, I can help.

admin
Site Admin
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Need Help and advise

Post by admin » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:33 pm

Eric27 wrote:My daughter found a Lemon Beagle the other day. This dog was pregnant and had 7 puppies. Being a PNP Pilot I am looking for some help here. I can’t keep all of them. We might keep the mom and one puppy but I need to move the rest. Also I’m thinking of setting up a 503c corp to help with some of the expenses. Can someone help me with moving the puppies and with the 503c corp?
Hi Eric, Oh my, 7 puppies, thank you for doing what you can for them and giving them a safe place to stay for now. Hopefully some of our members will see your post and perhaps find room in their rescue organizations to help you out. Pilots give so much to rescue perhaps rescues can now return the kindness.

As far as setting up a 501c3, it is involved and includes many steps, paperwork and payment. We are a 501c3 and you can use our charitable status for tax deductions at the end of the year. Not really sure why you feel that setting up your own will be different? The FAA regulations will not change because you have your own 501c3. Happy to talk with you about this. Please send an email to [email protected] if you would like to pursue the discussion.

Debi