LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE USING RIDE BOARD

Re: LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Just put in City, State, Zip!!

Postby Paula @ NGPR on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:17 am

Hi - I have just succesfully used PNP for the transport of an elderly pyr, this is truly a wonderful program that you have. I am hoping that someone can tell me about the mapping program that you have, it would be an invaluable tool for me to use as a rescue (ground) transport coordinator. I spend quite a bit of time combing through all of my volunteer lists to find the people along my routes to send requests out to, this would cut that time down to nothing and allow me to work on more transports!
Thank you so much!
Paula August
Transport Coordinator
National Great Pyrenees Rescue
Paula @ NGPR

Postby Steve Foley on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:15 pm

The first maps I set up for Pilots N Paws used the 'My Maps' feature of google maps. If you go to maps.google.com, one link is 'My Maps', which will bring up instructions for creating your own map. As users were signing up on the website, I would create a push pin for them on the map. This quickly got out of hand, as users were signing up faster than I could post them on a map.

In your case, where you are maintaining the lists by yourself, the google my maps feature would probably work.

The real attraction of the Pilots N Paws maps is that they are self-maintaining. When someone signs up, they enter their zip code or airport ID. When the maps get drawn, google pulls the information for the pushpins from the user accounts on the forum. If you don't have users signing up on your website, it would be helpful to use the PNP maps.

If you do have a website where users sign up, let me know, and I'll explain how I integrated the maps.
The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby Dawgcr8 on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:16 pm

I absolutely love the Google map but I can't see to get anything to pull up on it...when I go to click on the pilots, instead of getting the regular option of contacting them, it just says "address" and simple providers me with the address of the marker but nothing related to the pilots. I've used the map a dozen times from this same computer so I'm wondering it it's just me? Has anyone else reported anything?

phpbb-map.php

I haven't gotten the City/State/Zip program to work for me but I wonder if it's because I use a Mac?
Dawgcr8

Los Angelos California, 90020, to Monroeville Alabama, 36460

Postby simpsro on Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:24 pm

I am trying to get a chi from Los angelos Ca. 90020 to Monroeville Al. 36460
simpsro

Re: Los Angelos California, 90020, to Monroeville Alabama, 3

Postby admin on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:13 pm

simpsro wrote:I am trying to get a chi from Los angelos Ca. 90020 to Monroeville Al. 36460

You need to post this as a NEW TOPIC on the Ride Board, Animals Needing Transport. Posting it as a reply to the "Link to find a Pilot" post will not allow pilots and others to see your request. You are in the correct forum, you just need to click on NEW TOPIC since your request is new, and then fill in the information needed.

It is unlikely that a small plane pilot will be able to assist you with this request due to the long distance you are requiring. Most of our pilots travel 250-300 nautical miles in one direction which equates to several hours of flying round trip. LA to AL if much too far but perhaps you could combine ground transport with a pilot or two, it just takes quite a bit of coordinating. Good luck!
admin
Site Admin

Postby pattyg on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:40 pm

We are looking for a ride for a spayed, female dog about 40 lbs, that was rescued from the desert. She is in Nevada. She needs to get to her new home in Boston. We have a land transport that will get her to Boston, we just need to get her from Las Vegas to Texas. PLEASE, help me get her to her new home.
THANKS for ALL you do,
Patty
pattyg

Re: LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Las Vegas, Nevada to Texas or Bost

Postby pattyg on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 pm

We are looking for a ride for a spayed, female dog about 40 lbs, that was rescued from the desert. She is in Nevada. She needs to get to her new home in Boston. We have a land transport that will get her to Boston, we just need to get her from Las Vegas to Texas. PLEASE, help me get her to her new home.
THANKS for ALL you do,
Patty[/quote]
pattyg

Re: LINK TO FIND PILOTS! Las Vegas, Nevada to Texas or Bost

Postby admin on Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:58 pm

pattyg wrote:We are looking for a ride for a spayed, female dog about 40 lbs, that was rescued from the desert. She is in Nevada. She needs to get to her new home in Boston. We have a land transport that will get her to Boston, we just need to get her from Las Vegas to Texas. PLEASE, help me get her to her new home.
THANKS for ALL you do,
Patty
[/quote]

Patty, you have posted your request as a reply to another topic in the Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport. You need to log in, open the Ride Board forum then click on NEW TOPIC, upper left of the page because your request is new. You will then be asked to fill out pertinent information about the dog and you will need to have sending and receiving zip codes as well in order to post.

This is an extremely long distance, good to know you have ground transport for part of it. Make sure you have approved temp fosters lined up along your route in case of weather delays, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Postby catwoman92211 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:47 am

I am not on this link, or at least I can't find my name, how do I get added? Barbara Allen
catwoman92211

Previous

Return to Ride Board Announcements