Special Needs rescue dog from Mexia TX to Colo

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
amyr

Special Needs rescue dog from Mexia TX to Colo

Post by amyr » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:21 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: Mtn Cur/Hound mix , 35 lbs, 7 mos
Health Condition: healthy
Heart worm Status: none
Vaccinations: all current
Health Certificate: yes
Spay/Neutered: yes
Special needs: only has sight in 1 eye
Name of Sending Rescue/Parties LARAS House rescue
Name of Receiving Rescue/Parties: Amy R
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): contact Amy @ [email protected]
Are you a 501c3: no
Additional Info/situation: Rescue has potential to get to DFW and in Colo willing to pickup anywhere along front range, Denver, Fort Collins, Boulder, Longmont, Colo Springs

I'd really like to adopt this special needs puppy but am having trouble getting her here :0(
Attachments
dolly.jpg
doesn't this face just say get me to Colorado??
dolly.jpg (20.52 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Last edited by amyr on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danfb
Zip Code: 80433
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KAPA
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: Special Needs rescue dog from Mexia TX to Colo

Post by danfb » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:22 pm

I could fly to La Junta or Trinidad in Southeast Colorado and back to Denver. Aircraft based at Centennial airport but could fly to Greeley Weld County airport to meet you. Prefer to fly on weekends but could work in a weekday if required.
Dan Bower
cell 303-720-9057
email [email protected]

amyr

Post by amyr » Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:00 pm

Thanks so much! I will see if I can arrange to get the dog from TX to SE Colo on a weekend. I can travel to Centennial airport to pickup unless you want to come to Greeley/Weld and go to the Barnstormer for a buffalo burger, my treat :0)

amyr

Post by amyr » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:33 pm

To the Gentleman who offered to fly from Trinidad to Centennial - I sent you an email directly also but I believe I have a ride for her from TX to Trinidad after Nov 1st .

danfb

Post by danfb » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:36 pm

Hi Amy. Yes I could do this but the only weekend I have open is Nov 10-11. I'm going to be out of town the weekend before and the two weekends following. Please keep me posted as that time gets closer and we'll see if that works. I may be able to do a weekday around that time also. Thanks, Dan
Dan Bower
cell 303-720-9057
email [email protected]

amyr

Post by amyr » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:01 pm

Awesome Dan thank you so much! I will try to shoot for arranging everything for the 10th and be in touch. Thanks again!

danfb

Post by danfb » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Have you identified pilots to fly Dolly from Mexia to Trinidad? I may be able to do this on a weekday sooner than Nov 10 if we can coordinate it with the other folks helping with transportation.
Dan Bower
cell 303-720-9057
email [email protected]

amyr

Post by amyr » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:08 pm

She is being driven with another dog from South Texas to Trinidad and the soonest we can all get our ducks in a row is after the 4th of November and I'm assuming the next weekend would be the best for all involved, but am open to suggestions.

amyr

Post by amyr » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:16 pm

Dan

If we get the dogs to Trinidad by Saturday, November 10th, what time would you want them there?

I mentioned earlier that there is another dog coming on the auto transport from Texas up to Trinidad with my Dolly - I want to make sure you're agreeable to flying BOTH from Trinidad to Centennial airport, please confirm as it is an 80lb Great Dane, I understand.

Thanks so much for all your cooperation!!

amy

danfb

Post by danfb » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi Amy. I'm glad you clarified it is two dogs, two should be ok. A crate large enough to hold the Great Dane wouldn't fit in the back seat of the Cessna 172 I'll be flying, but we can secure with a harness to keep safe and secure. The big variable is weather. If the weather forecast for Nov 10 is not good we should know that by the 8th or 9th and make a back-up plan. Our weather is best in the morning so I would like to get to Trinidad by 10am then refuel, load up, and take off for Centennial airport by 11am. The flight is about 90 minutes in the air. The Perry Stokes airport in Trinidad is comfortable and the attendant is friendly so if the folks driving in get in early they will be comfortable. The airport is about 12 miles East of I-25.

I've scheduled a plane and will start watching forecasts the week before. Let's touch base on Nov 8 to confirm how things look.

thanks
Dan
Dan Bower
cell 303-720-9057
email [email protected]