Bull Terrier needs transport fromEnglewood, Fl to Smyrna Air

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
boomer1dog

Bull Terrier needs transport fromEnglewood, Fl to Smyrna Air

Post by boomer1dog » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:34 pm

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: English Bull Terrier, 54.6 lbs, 5 years old
Health condition: good
Heartworm status: neg
Vaccinations: UTD
Health certificate: Will get one tomorrow
Spayed/neutered: neutered
Special needs: no
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum):
Name and contact for person in charge of transport: Penny Midulla, 813-935-7171
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties: Dori Basilius,
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties: Sandi and Bob Hamlett, 615-585-4766
Are you a 501c3: yes, will be happy to supply papers if you need them
Date ready for transport: Tuesday, April 22 or Wednesday, April 23
Additional info/situation: Tater Tot needs to get to his new foster home ASAP, current foster needs to travel to see her ill mother and can no longer keep Tater. He needs to go to Smyrna Airport, Tennessee. Close to Nashville, Tenn.

747pilot
Zip Code: 38139
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: M04
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Bull Terrier needs transport fromEnglewood, Fl to Smyrna

Post by 747pilot » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:14 pm

I plan to fly a Pilots N Paws flight from Covington, TN to Lake City, FL later this week but not before Wed for Labrador Retriever Rescue of FL. Not sure of the exact date because of the weather forecast but will know no later then tomorrow AM. If you can get Tater to the Lake City Airport I can drop him off in the Nashville area on my way back to West TN. If this would work for you, please reply to this post.
Jim carney
Pilot- Pilots N Paws - TN

boomer1dog

Post by boomer1dog » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi Jim! I know Tuesday and Wednesday Tenn is suppose to have storms and I'm not sure where Lake City is, but I'm sure we could find it! When you know more if you will let me know I'll get all the arrangements done! I'm so excited for Tater! Thank you so much!

boomer1dog

Post by boomer1dog » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:08 pm

Lake City is around the Georgia line? Do you think you could come any farther south? Brooksville has a small airport and Tampa has an airport that Tim, the pilot that use to fly out of Miami, used all the time. I don't mean to put you out any but Lake City is really far from where Tater is right now.

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:23 am

I know it would be a long drive up to Lake City but it is doable. My problem is, I will have been flying all day. I start out in the AM from Memphis area, fly to Union City, TN(almost to KY), fly to Cookeville, TN, and fly to Lake City, FL. All stops are to pick up dogs for the Lake City Rescue. When I head back to West TN, I will still have another 3 hours of flying time before I get home. However, if you can get Tater to Lake City, I will drop him off at Murfreesboro, TN, which is out of my way, just a short distance South of Smyrna but much easier to get and out due to ATC delays etc.
Maybe you could post the leg from where Tater is to Lake City. Isn't there any PNP pilots in FL??. I know Jeff Bennett, maybe he could help.

BTW, I plan to fly this PNP Rescue on Thursday April 24. At this time the forecast looks good. I would be landing Lake City about mid-afternoon.
Jim Carney
PNP - TN

boomer1dog

Post by boomer1dog » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:12 am

No one but you has responded, if he could help that would be great! That would sure make my life easier! Could you ask him if he could help, please! That is a lot of flying for you, I'm sorry, I didn't realize!

Blizzard

Post by Blizzard » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:54 am

I can bring him from Sarasota to Lake City on Thursday.

George D.
845-489-2938
Cirrus SR22

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:42 am

Looks like we are good to go. George, thanks for helping.
Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP -TN

Blizzard

Post by Blizzard » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:52 pm

Jim, I assume it's KLCQ, it looks like the FBO is at the end of Charlie. Give me a time to have Tater Tot at the FBO. The sender is requesting a time to have him at KSRQ. It's an hour trip for me so you can probably call to give a more exact time when you start your leg on Thursday. George

747pilot

Post by 747pilot » Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:23 pm

George,
I will give you my estimated flight plan tomorrow. Will call you before I depart Cookeville, SRB. Yes, it is LCQ and the FBO is on the NW corner of the airport.

Penny, have you advised the Hamletts of the proposed flight plans?? I will need to speak to them on the phone before I depart Lake City, FL. Are they aware I will be landing at Murfreesboro and not Smyrna??

Jim Carney
Pilot - PNP - TN
901-496-0768
Baron 55 - N66JC
Last edited by 747pilot on Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.