Alice needs to come home !!!! PLEASE help my senior girl !
From KANSAS CITY, MO(64116) To NAPLES, FL(34108)

This Forum is for POSTING REQUESTS FOR TRANSPORT OF NEEDY ANIMALS. Include the size, weight, HEALTH CONDITION of the animal/s in need, nearby airports if known, email and phone contacts to arrange the trip, date transport is needed, and any other pertinent information in your post for transport request. Health certificates and proof of vaccines are necessary in most states. Refer to the link under the Guidelines section for USDA requirements for each state. This is the responsibility of the person making the request.
Forum rules
RESCUES if you post a request for transport, PLEASE LOG IN DAILY to check for replies, do not just scan the board, you might miss an offer.
RESCUES if your transport is done or cancelled, click EDIT on your post and checkmark the Image or Image icon.
Sending Zip Code: 64116
Receiving Zip Code: 34108
Map This Request  Flight Plan using Skyvector  More Mapping Options

Alice needs to come home !!!! PLEASE help my senior girl !

Postby MaryPAWpins on Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:34 am

Number of animals being transported: 1
Breeds, weight, age: dachshund, 22 lbs, 11
Health condition: overall good
Heartworm status: heart worm negative
Vaccinations: up-to-date
Health certificate: yes
Spayed/neutered: spayed
Special needs: senior doxie
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): Tami Searcey, TheTamiDoll@mac.com, 239-227-3793
Name and contact for person in charge of transport:
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties:
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties:
Are you a 501c3:
Date ready for transport: ASAP
Additional info/situation: this is my story......

My name is Tamara Searcey and I received your information from Janet Perkins whom I used to volunteer under at dachshund rescue south Florida. Janet is founder and president of this organization. Not only that but has been a friend and mentor to me. Currently she is in Miami beach, Florida and I am in naples, Florida.
About 3 years ago I was a "failed foster" to 2 dachsies Alice and Olivia (mother and daughter) who had never been separated. They were extremely bonded to each other especially after the miserable lives they had led by being overbred, never seeing the inside of a house, and not even having a nice cozy doggie bed.
Back in the middle of January I fell upon some really hard times. My mother who has ALWAYS been an avid dog lover begged me to bring the pups to her to watch until I got back on my feet.
She already had my 17 year old dog Nosie. I took Alice and Olivia and also another dachshund of mine, Goldie, up to stay with my mother, Jane Lord, for 4 months. She and I had thoroughly discussed this. Actually Goldie was to stay at my sister's house in Kansas City but somehow ended up with my mother.
For some reason or another my mother and my sister ceased all communication with me. I still have no idea why but nonetheless my mother stopped responding to texts, emails, and calls from me. I was communicating many times to her keeping her updated on my status, finding a place to live that was dog-friendly and coming to get the girls. Never any reply back because that is just how she can be.
A month ago I signed a year lease for a house with a huge fenced in yard. I finally found a full-time job that pays well and the house is 6 minutes away from work. I can go home and let the girls out on my lunch hour. The same day that i signed the lease I emailed my mother and gave her 2 definitive dates that I would be up to get the girls. She responded back this time only to tell me "due to her unfortunate circumstances, she no longer has my dogs" and to never contact her again. She would not tell me where, who, how long ago she gave them away, anything. I didn't know where to begin. I never imagined that this woman who would through her own husband and children under the bus, but never ANY animal, would do this. I had absolutely no idea that she was even thinking of doing this.
I called riley county animal shelter and I found out from them that the riley county humane society had picked them up. All but Goldie. So I am talking about a 17 year old Black and Tan-Nosie, and 2 reds-Alice and Olivia. From there I learned that they went to a gal in Kansas City (Waldo area I believe) named Crystal who rescues dachshunds nobody wants. She also runs a doggie day care I believe. Humane Society gave me her information and I contacted her immediately. She told me that all 3 dachshunds were there but getting ready to be transferred to a rescue in Canada in one week. She agreed to keep them (once again all 3) until I could come up at the end of June. This is about the time Janet Perkins steps in to help. Also helping me is Lenny Laforest of Miami as well. He has also worked with dachshund rescue south Florida for many years. A friend of Lenny's (her name is Dorata) who happens to live in the Kansas City area agreed to go get the 3 girls and keep them in her home until end of June when I could go get them. Upon arrival at Crystals facility, Olivia was not there !!!!!! She told Dorota that she had told me that Olivia had been adopted out now for months. . We pleaded with her to find out where Olivia is. She responded that she does not do business that way and it wasn't going to happen.
Another issue too is that my mother claimed that Olivia attacked one of her dachshunds to the point of having to put the dog down after the attack. She was taken to konza Prairie vet afterwards and they did indeed validate this. Janet and I are so afraid that if this happens again, Olivia might be euthanized. I can't have this happen. I know Olivia and her behavior but someone not knowing her might act differently. Plus the fact that Alice and Olivia have not ever been apart.
Crystal finally agreed to help me but I don't know how much she is. She told me that normally she does not do business this way and if she started to that she would lose her validity and dampen her reputation.
And to add to all of this, Yesterday we had to put Nosie the 17 year old down and I am devastated I could not be there. This shuffling around is too hard on senior dogs and I am afraid that my poor baby girl just couldn't take it anymore. So now I am just want my remaining family all together again. My mother still has Goldie and will not respond to me on her whereabouts or health or anything.
This has what my babies have been through the last few months. I am still searching for Olivia but in the meantime Alice is all by herself with no daughter who she is extremely bonded with. Please help bring her back to me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by MaryPAWpins on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MaryPAWpins

Re: Alice needs to come home !!!! PLEASE help my senior girl

Postby cpsczi on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:04 pm

I no longer have access to an airplane, but I can help drive approximately 100 mile radius of St. Louis, depending on work schedule. Good luck getting the family back together, and condolences for your loss. We know how devastating losing a furbaby is.
Diane
cpsczi

Postby MaryPAWpins on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Thank you Diane !!!! Every leg can help !!!! I will definitely stay in touch with you :-). Thank you for your kindness.
MaryPAWpins

Postby beckmark on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:16 pm

If the pup can get to the New Orleans area I can fly her as far as the Pensacola, Florida area.

Mark
N99764
beckmark

Postby sowens333 on Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:45 pm

I can help in the Kansas City area. Please email me at SOwens333@gmail.com. I can fly any direction within 200 miles of KC.
Sarah
sowens333

Postby MaryPAWpins on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi Diane and Sarah !!!!!
Sarah can get Alice to St. Louis !!
Diane can get Alice 100 miles out of St. Louis towards Florida.
This could maybe be the first leg of Alice's journey home !!!!
MaryPAWpins

Postby Cardinal-Flyer on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:05 am

I'm based in southern central Missouri and could fly Alice from Kansas City to Jonesboro, AR, as long as the weather is VFR.

Cardinal Flyer
Cardinal-Flyer

Postby sowens333 on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:00 pm

I can get the Dog to Cardinal Flyer in MO.
sowens333

Postby sowens333 on Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:12 pm

I am scheduled to fly from Kansas City to Tampa late Monday evening. I would be arriving in Tampa around 4 or 5 am, Tuesday morning. If you can pick up the dog in Tampa I can fly it the entire flight from KC.
Sarah
SOwens333@gmail.com
sowens333

Return to Ride Board: Animals Needing Transport