2 SENIOR DUDE NEED a lift!

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
galairpilot
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 SENIOR DUDE NEED a lift!

Post by galairpilot » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:14 am

Sounds good! We can touch base as we get closer to the transport with the details.

slagskot
Foster?: Yes

Post by slagskot » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:04 pm

I don't have plans to be in ME around the 19th, but it never hurts to have an excuse... Looks like you guys have this covered, but let me know if anything falls through and you need some help.
Cory Sammons
917 769 3592
[email protected]

Sharona McReady

Post by Sharona McReady » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:34 pm

thanks Cory! I guess it will be Ed and ALL of Jude and Monkey's friends meeting in Lawrence!

Sharona

Sharona McReady

Post by Sharona McReady » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:45 am

Hi Ed!

The current owners will be driving the kids to meet you in ME! I just need airport details ie eta and departures. I will be meeting you in Lawrence. It takes me about 2 hours to get there so I need to know what time you expect to be there. Just not at 8 am please LOL! I just need the address of the airport in Lawrence to program my GPS. I know I head up 495 towards Haverhill,MA.

Now, do you need their crate or do you have one? They are coming with all records, their collars, their food. One of the dogs, Jude the little red and white, one will have to be put in the crate in the plane by his dad. I will get him out in Lawrence. He is a tad skitchy! collars and/or harnesses will be on snug with tags on collars. I wish I could add a photo for you to see them. They are both 18 pounds and are healthy and cleared to fly! How long is the flight for you to Lawrence?

I have a red, Chevy HHR and if this is like other airports I think i can get pretty close to you. If you are using your crate I will have one in my car for the boys as well as water and some snacks.

Is there anything else you need for this? We have a week to firm up plans! Once again, many grateful thanks from me and our group!

Sharona

Sharona McReady

Post by Sharona McReady » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:46 am

Oh I forgot to ask what you were flying so I know how much space you will have!

galairpilot

Post by galairpilot » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:24 pm

Hi Sharona,

I do have a crate but I will have to get back to you on the size. I'm hoping they can both get in one crate. I have a Piper PA28-201RT (turbo Arrow) Blue on white tail# N38962. Small plane but should be enough room for what we are doing. It's about an hour flight from Rockland. I will let you know the name of the FBO and I will make arrangements to get you on the ramp to handle the dogs. I'm still not sure of the times yet but no worries it not a morning person. We still planing on the 19th ? I'll also have to get back to you on the address . Any other questions fell free to ask.

Talk soon,
Ed

Sharona McReady

Post by Sharona McReady » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:35 am

thank you Ed!

I can be there by 11! I plan on spending the day with my friend in Marblehead if you would like to join us. I am back up there on the 9th for a huge Cavalier pawty and the boys will have a chance to meet some other Cavaliers there. Perhaps, Jude, the red and white one, will feel more comfortable around other doggies.

Okay, If I know by Thursday or Friday I am fine for instructions. I have to hit the MA Pike and hope not to hit huge traffic to the Cape! I will plan extra time and bring lots of coffee and water for the dogs! Let me know the size of the crate you have. I will have them measure theirs as well. I think for other gear it should be in a trash bag.

I appreciate your making such nice accommodations for me on the ramp. It will be easier for Jude.

Sharona

Sharona McReady

Post by Sharona McReady » Sat Jul 12, 2014 6:39 am

Ed I have looked at the plane and have an idea as to what we can put on board. Perhaps the dogs in the back and their gear in the front or floor. I think this is the same plan a pilot friend of mine has also with PNP. Their plane is currently for sale. He is a commercial pilot. The trip is only a short one and seems like partly over water? I have two small dogs here and I can see if we can put them in a small crate. I have a feeling she will be sending her crate so let's get some measurements. TTYL

Sharona

galairpilot

Post by galairpilot » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:30 pm

Wow, a day at Marblehead would be nice. Unfortunately it's my busy season so I'm going to have to pass,but thank you so much for the offer! I'll plan on arriving in Lawrance around 11:00. The crate I've been using is the collapsible type and is about 18x18x33. My preference would be to have them both in the crate. If not I usually bring someone with me,perhaps they could hold one of the dogs? I'm thinking we can put there bag of things in the rear baggage compartment.I hope we have enough room for it all. Could you e-mail me your cell# and also a contact # for the sending party. I will then e-mail both of you mine. A direct flight would put us over water. I usually try to file a flight plan that's keeps us close to shore. Not much of a swimmer! I will get you the airport address and the name of the FBO for both airports soon.

Ed

Sharona McReady

Post by Sharona McReady » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:15 pm

I think that both dogs can go in that crate and if she sends hers you can collapse yours. Jude is fight or flight to I will instruct Nina Wooten to make sure their collars are on tight. I will also instruct her to put my phone number on both collars with a sharpie pen! Nina and her husband Tracy should be there to send them off. 11 am is fine with me I should leave here about 8:30. I think I flew in a plane such as .... oh no it wasn't it was a sea plane we flew with our little poodle to ... to..... Cuttyhunk to meet up with our boat to drive it back to CT! Not a fan it little planes!

Let me get you all the info and a few cell numbers for emergencies'

Mine is 860-463-5088
my e-mail is [email protected]
Here is Ninas's e-mail: [email protected].
here is her phone # 207- 236-8357
here is my friend Pam Williams in Marblehead 781-706-3639

do you think you have enough?
you can e-mail me directly also!

Sharona

I have to