Thanks to all the pilots for a truly heart wrenching reunion

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
Cotton

Thanks to all the pilots for a truly heart wrenching reunion

Post by Cotton » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:48 am

Number of animals being transported:1
Breeds, weight, age:lab/border collie mix/42lbs/1yr old
Health condition:excellent
Heartworm status: negative
Vaccinations:UTD on all
Health certificate:yes
Spayed/neutered:no
Special needs:none
(Contact information publicly viewable on forum): Human Grandmama Terry Benhoff
Name and contact for person in charge of transport:Terry Benhoff 919 749 2927
Name and contact for Sending rescue/parties:Brittany Dodd 816-284-6653
Name and contact for Receiving rescue/parties:Terry Benhoff 919 749 2927
Are you a 501c3:No
Date ready for transport: ASAP

*****URGENT NEED***** DUE to the fog in St. Louis 1st leg of this flight is delayed. The 3rd leg can't wait through the delay. Need someone to p/u Cotton in Clarksville, TN (KCKV) and deliver to Knoxville, TN (KDKX). Please call immediately if you are available to p/u this morning.

*****LATEST UPDATE 7/31 3:34PM****** OK, Cotton is almost home...Do we have a pilot that can p/u in Clarksville or Nashville, TN and take her to Charlotte, Rutherford or Asheville, NC? I have a pilot here that can bring her the rest of the way home if we can get her to the above cities on Saturday 8/2. She could be picked up in Clarksville, TN at 11:15AM on Saturday. Please help if you can. Thanks! Best means to contact me is 919 749 2927.

****NEW UPDATE**** I have pilots to bring Cotton to Clarksville, TN on Saturday 8/2 arriving between 11 and 11:30AM. Is there anyone that can fly her from Clarksville, TN to Raleigh or Smithfield, NC or anywhere close like Greensboro or Winston-Salem? We are almost there just need one more leg please. Call ASAP if you are available
Thanks
Terry
919 749 2927.
****UPDATE**** FOLKS this is now becoming urgent. Cotton's deadline of the 29th is TOMORROW. She can stay with the people until the weekend. I need a pilot to fly her from Cameron, MO to either Sullivan (UUV) or St Claire, MO arriving by 9AM on Saturday 8/2. Anyone Available Saturday for this leg? Fly, drive or whatever it takes to get her here is needed urgently. Any assistance on any part of this trip will be helpful. Please call me at 919 749 2927 for any help or suggestions. Thank you.

HI my name is Cotton...My human mama is gone. My foster family says she's gone to Heaven but I'm only one and don't really understand. My Human grandmama is trying to get me to NC to be with her and my daddy. He's a war hero but he got Cancer so they call him a Wounded Warrior...My human grandmama has worked very hard and has some of my trip lined up but she says there's a leg of my trip that is missing. I told her she could have one of mine but she said it's not that kind of leg. I am currently in Cameron, MO. There are nice men in NC that can pick me up from Nashville or Johnson City, TN and take me to NC where my daddy and grandmama are. I told my grandmama that I would walk but she told me it was too far, so I am trying to see if there is any other nice men that can pick me up and take me to TN? I would love to see my daddy and grandmama this but I will be patience. I won't take up much room. I only weight 44lbs and am 24" tall. My doggy daddy and mama are a lab and border collie so I am a little small for my breed. If you can help me get to my daddy, could you call my grandmama? Her name is Terry and her number is 919 749 2927. Thank you
Last edited by Cotton on Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 19 times in total.

8324T
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSUS
Distance willing to fly one way: 250

Re: Cotton needs a ride to her Wounded Warrior Dad in NC

Post by 8324T » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:08 am

I could potentialy do a Cameron, MO -> St. Louis, MO leg if schedules align.
Mike
N8324T
Mike McGrath - IFR
Piper Saratoga - N8324T
Spirit of St. Louis (KSUS)

Cotton

Post by Cotton » Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:31 am

Thanks Mike..Anyway you can come toward the East or South. I have a guy that can do a pick up in Nashville, TN. We are trying to get her here on Saturday if possible so her Dad can be available to greet her. My phone number is 919 749 2927.

Thanks
Terry

mark.staggs
Zip Code: 28166
Foster?: Yes
Airport identifier: NC26
Distance willing to fly one way: 150

Post by mark.staggs » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:06 am

I could meet someone halfway between Cameron, MO and Nashville, TN. Maybe KFAM? Saturday morning would work if that's a feasible option.
Mark Staggs
PP-ASEL
Nashville, TN
N5601Q - Mooney M20C

Cotton

Post by Cotton » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:31 am

Mark,
Saturday would be wonderful. That's the date we were trying to work toward. I have someone in Cameron, MO but not sure how far East he could go. I'll double check with him again. Where exactly is FAM? I have a local guy that can go as far as Nashville, TN so looks like I just need one more connection and it will be completed hopefully :) my Cell number 919 749 2927.

Thanks
Terry

8324T

Post by 8324T » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:36 am

Mark,
Not sure I can do Saturday, but if so, could you meet in St. Louis (KSUS) which is about the midpoint and my home base?
Mike
N8324T
Mike McGrath - IFR
Piper Saratoga - N8324T

mark.staggs

Post by mark.staggs » Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:56 pm

Terry, FAM is Farmington, MO.

Mike, I could probably do SUS, too, if needed. It'll take me a little longer at 172 speeds--looks like it's 40ish more miles. If you can do Saturday, what time would you expect to be back to SUS?
Mark Staggs
PP-ASEL
Nashville, TN
N5601Q - Mooney M20C

8324T

Post by 8324T » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:13 pm

Mark,
Are you IFR? Looks like you may have some weather on Saturday in and around Nashville, so before I start my process I wanted to be sure you would be good to go.
Can you fit a large (18wx20hx24d) crate?
Mike
IFR
N8324T
Mike McGrath - IFR
Piper Saratoga - N8324T

mark.staggs

Post by mark.staggs » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:45 pm

Wow, that's a big change in forecast since I looked this morning! :o It was normal summertime chances (20%) at 8:00 am. No, I'm not instrument rated. Looks like it I'm probably unable this weekend unless the forecast drastically improves.

Sorry. :(
Mark Staggs
PP-ASEL
Nashville, TN
N5601Q - Mooney M20C

Cotton

Post by Cotton » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:47 pm

Mark,
It's ok. Above all else safety is my number one thing! I do not want any of you getting hurt or worse. I appreciate all that you guys are doing. I truly do. Do you by chance know anyone else in the area that might can do a leg?