IMPORTANT INFO FOR RESCUES!

READ THESE ANNOUNCEMENTS BEFORE USING RIDE BOARD

Re: IMPORTANT INFO FOR RESCUES!

Postby arizonabsd on Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:36 pm

HSTB,

Re shelters willing to ship pets out, I know of quite a few in your region that would appreciate your offer. My rescue org, Belgian Sheepdog Rescue Trust, receives requests to ID our breed in shelters everywhere, several of which are high kill due to overcrowding. Jacksonville and Miami are two; south GA and central NC are others. If you want to email me I'll give you the names of several shelters and contact information for shelter personnel. Also, if you post your critters to Petfinders, you can join the shelter forum for more ideas.

Lynnette
arizonabsd at gmail dot com
Lynnette Bennett
North American Belgian Sheepdog Rescue
arizonabsd@gmail.com
arizonabsd

Postby jksimmer on Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:56 am

IFR Magazine just did an article (Volume 25, Number 4) on filing an IFR flight plan with a VFR altitude. I haven't tried it but this should allow VFR pilots to get tracked. Here is a snip from the article with the gist of it:

"The trick is to file an IFR flight plan with a VFR altitude. You can file the VFR cruising altitude as 065 or 6500. I prefer to go one step further and enter "VFR/065" or "VFR/6500". ATC computers accept "VFR/xxx" and "OTP/xxx" (On-Top) to clearly indicate to controllers under what rules the flight is operating. It may help to put "VFR ADV" in the remarks as well."

"A simple addition to your flight following request should make your intentions clear : "Bonabza Eight Five Five Two Romeo, 20 miles south of Joliet, request VFR advisories to Louisville, Kentucky. There should be a flight plan in you departure list."

dgoudge wrote:Regarding tracking flights on Flight Aware. As a pilot and aircraft owner (N7736C) who has flown several hundred cross country hours this past two years, the only flight of mine that Flight Aware tracked was a leg from Las Vegas to Gallup NM back in March 2008. I believe that Flight Aware will only track those flights that file IFR flight plans or in my case those VFR flights that originate in Class B airspace like Las Vegas. I work with the Enroute Air Traffic Control Centers regularly by using VFR flight following, but this has been the only flight of mine that was tracked.

I thought a word of caution was in order so that those who might be looking for the status of a flight do not become overly concerned that something might have happened if the flight is not showing up on Flight Aware.

Darrell
N7736C
jksimmer

Postby mpahgdw07 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:55 pm

hstb wrote:Hello,just registered. I am with the Humane Society of Tampa Bay. I'm probably missing this on the site, but how do you find the shelters that are willing to transfer animals out? We always have space available for small dogs and puppies, but I'm not seeing which shelters need help. Thank you for your help!

There are plenty in California who do. and here in Washington State too... Are you looking for shelter in FLA only?
mpahgdw07

Previous

Return to Ride Board Announcements