A note of thanks to Jim 4 Transport in KY hoarding case

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

A note of thanks to Jim 4 Transport in KY hoarding case

Postby robertam on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:02 am

I want to thank Jim and Melanie for helping a dog seized in a KY hoarding case involving 295 counts of animal cruelty. I am with the Bluegrass SHih-tzu Rescue in Lexington, KY. We took the four shih-tzus that were among the dogs seized. One of our sister rescues was able to help us by taking in Dog #1. Her rescue is located in Western MI. When I was at the shelter helping after the raid this poor dog was despondent. He wouldn't respond and just hung his head down. When I went to pick him up from the vet's about five days later I couldn't believe it was the same dog!!! He was animated and very very happy. THanks to Jim and Melanie he is on his way to being even happier. Jim and Melanie flew him from Ohio to MI. Melanie kindly let him sleep on her lap. I know that after his terrible ordeal that was a joyous treat for him.

I want to thank them and all the rest of the pilots for your compassion and dedication,

Roberta
Roberta Harding
PNP Transport Advisor
Kentucky Animal Relief Fund, Inc.
Lexington, KY
e-mail: robertam@iglou.com
cell: 859-338-3470
robertam
PNP Transport Advisor

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services