NH Plane & Pilot

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

NH Plane & Pilot

Postby daveg on Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:47 pm

New Hampshire plane and pilot available for transport. Plane is a Cessna 182. Would prefer to stay with 2-300 mile radius. Weekends are better, but some weekdays may be OK if schedule and weather permit.
daveg

Re: NH Plane & Pilot

Postby Steve Foley on Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:30 pm

The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Postby daveg on Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm

I am based out of Skyhaven Airport, KDAW, Rochester, NH. I have a large crate available that would fit a Labrador sized dog, I'll have to measure it to see if it fits the cargo area of a 182.
daveg

Postby asdr,newengland on Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:36 pm

Hi Dave,

This is new for me. I have 3 or 4 puppies in a shelter in Cherokee, AR that need transport to NH to their forever homes. They will be ready to travel between Nov 10 -15 more or less. I will be sending crates to the shelter for transport. They are 2 chiX not more than 2 pounds right now. 2 Great Pyrenees s/b around 12 pounds by the time thye are ready to travel. A pilot has offered to bring them from Cherokee Village to west Nashville. I guess I need to find a pilot in Nashville to fly to his/her stopping point and so on. Any help in coordinating this will be GREATLY appreciated. I can pick up anywhere in NH.

Thank you,
Heather
Last edited by asdr,newengland on Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
asdr,newengland

Postby Debi on Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:12 pm

asdr,newengland wrote:Hi Steve,
This is new for me. I have 3 or 4 puppies in a shelter in Cherokee, AR that need transport to NH to their forever homes. They will be ready to travel between Nov 10 -15 more or less. I will be sending crates to the shelter for transport. They are 2 chiX not more than 2 pounds right now. 2 Great Pyrenees s/b around 12 pounds by the time to travel. They are 5 weeks now and cannot travel until they have had their shots at 8 weeks. NH law requires they have their shots and be quarantined for 10 days before transport. A pilot has offered to bring them from Cherokee Village to west Nashville. I guess I need to find a pilot in Nashville to fly to his/her stopping point and so on. I have never done this and may need some help coordinating all this. I can pick up anywhere in NH.
Thank you,
Heather

Hi Heather, You have one volunteer pilot, Craig, who has offered to do the first let of this transport for you. I realize this is a learning experience for everyone here so let's go over how best to accomplish your goal which is to move theses 6 or so pups from AR to NH!

This will involve coordinating on your end and on the pilots end. First, I would look at our pilot map, http://tinyurl.com/5fwgy8 and put your cursor over the top of the pinpoints to find out what pilot is in the path you are needing. Then I would include the pilots you have chosen to ask for help in one email, stating your need. Remember, that pilots do not necessarily have to be at the starting request point or at the destination end. They can pick up, fly out and back and hand off to another pilot just as Craig has offered to do. His starting point is not AR but TN. This trip looks to me (I am not a pilot so hopefully one will jump in!) like it can be done in three legs. Having the weather cooperate is going to be important. In case the weather does not look good for one leg, I would suggest finding a short term foster at each ending location along the route just to be safe. It is wise to do that anyway. We have even used good boarding places along the route if need be.

Another site to use and assist is called the Great Circle Mapper , http://gc.kls2.com/ . You can put in the various airport codes and map a suggested route. I am not experienced with this as yet but I did put in a choice of airports from Nashville to Manchester, NH showing the route. Once those of us in rescue practice using these tools it will get easier. Of course we never know until we ask the pilots which airport they prefer but you can use: http://aviationtoolbox.org/old/nearby_airports to find the nearest airports along the route.

Pilots, can you jump in here and assist in guiding and teaching rescues how best to go about these longer distance requests? Once we all learn it will go much more smoothly!

Thanks,
Debi
Attachments
gcmap.gif
gcmap.gif (5.17 KiB) Viewed 330 times
Debi
Co-founder

Postby daveg on Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Debi, I'll be gone from 11/12 - 11/16, but could fly the last leg after that. I'd be willing to go 2-300 miles (like central PA) if necessary, but I think you can find other pilots to jump in. Days are getting shorter.
Good Luck,
Dave
daveg

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services