Central MA Pilot & Plane Available

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Central MA Pilot & Plane Available

Postby Steve Foley on Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:56 pm

I have a plane based on Central Massachusetts available. It's a Cherokee 140. That means it's not a really fast plane, so a reasonable maximum flight would be about 400 miles, or four hours. I've found flying is about half the time of driving, so if google maps says a trip from Worcester, MA, to the pickip location, to the drop-off location, and back to Worcester is an eight hour drive, it's probably doable.

I'm also a VFR only pilot, so weather is an issue. The best bet is to let me know where I need to go, and I can let you know the best time.

I work daily until 4:30, so any flights need to be evenings or weekends. I can fly at night, but weekday flights need to be shorter.

Weight isn't much of an issue. I can carry myself, a copilot full fuel tanks, and another 150 lbs.

I read the offer for free crates. However, being new to this, I don't know what size crate would be useful. Obviously, a large dog won't fit in a small crate, but can a small pet be safely carried in a large crate?
The best way to contact me is via email:

steve dot foley at gmail dot com
Steve Foley
Webmaster

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services