Pilot in Las Cruces, NM

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Pilot in Las Cruces, NM

Postby johndarden on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:34 pm

I have a 1957 C172 with a 145 HP engine. That means that in density altitude, I have more limited capacity than at sea level. Las Cruces in the summer often has density altitude in excess of 7500 feet. And in southern Colroado where my in-laws live, density altitude is about 10,000 if I do not launch at sunrise. I currently travel with my 60 pound dog or 100 pound wife so I could accomodate a medium size dog. The early C172s do not have large back seats and the dog would have to be able to be seat belted in the rear seat. I have one set of Mutt Muffs for a mid size dog. My travel range would be 2 to 2 1/2 hours or from 200 to 250 miles north, east and west. My service ceiling is 11,000 though I have flown 12,500 during a NM Pilot's Assocation Mountain Flying Clinic. Nevertheless, I do not care to traverse mountains closer than 1500 above ground level and that leaves many areas over which I will not travel. I have a 8 to 5 job Monday through Friday but with some adjustment time, could accomodate some flights. John Darden
johndarden

Re: Pilot in Las Cruces, NM

Postby Debi on Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:41 pm

Hi John,

Great information and even though I am not a pilot, I believe I understood your explanation....the important thing is you are volunteering and you have a set a muttmuffs-- Michele will like to read that :D Thanks for being here!

Debi
Debi
Co-founder

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services