DC Area based IFR Pilot

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

DC Area based IFR Pilot

Postby davetherave on Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:34 am

Bio:

450 hour IFR pilot with my own Beech Bonanza, always looking for a reason to fly.

Plane is based in Leesburg, VA and I have my own company so I have flexibility on flight times. Plane has A/C so pets are always cool.

Will fly almost anywhere on the east coast. Have 4 rescue animals of our own!

text me at 703-625-9090

David
davetherave

Re: DC Area based IFR Pilot

Postby larasue on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi David,
I am looking for a pilot to give a lift to a dog from a shelter in Bedford, VA to Boston, MA or even someplace closer to us since it's a 10 hour drive. Anytime between 12/21 and 1/4 but the shelter is running out of room for dogs, so sooner the better. I will reach out to you via text as well.

Here is my detailed listing about the dog, Price:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=25832&p=92786#p92786

Thank you for the consideration,
Lara
larasue

Postby Meekie on Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:13 pm

David:
I called you twice and there was a phone call but my phone died when I answered it. If it was you please call me back. I am trying to get a dog from his foster home to me here in Richmond VA next Saturday. I can meet at RIC @ The Millionaire Building. Please let me know if you can help Mortie get to his forever home.
Thanks
Meekie

Postby lbcortright on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:25 am

Hi David! My name is Laurie Cortright and I am the director of Granville County SPARE, working to get dogs out of the Granville County Animal Shelter, one of only ten GASSING shelters remaining in operation in the state of North Carolina. I have several dogs that can be pulled from this small, overcrowded shelter if transport can be arranged. We are near Raleigh/Durham International (RDU) but most pilots have chosen to pick up at our small, municipal Oxford/Henderson airport - area code 27565. Pick up of all animals would be here. The dogs we need transported are as follows:

1) A female, altered, heartworm negative and fully vetted 2-yr-old hound mix weighing approx. 38 pounds to the Washington DC area (Stafford, Potomac Field, or any local airport would work.)
2) Three mixed breed dogs, primarily lab, all approximately 3 years old, all surrendered together and friendly toward each other and other dogs, no health issues - weights are 60 lb., 64 lb. and 54 lb. to the Westminster, MD area (21157) or nearby
3) A female, altered, heartworm negative and fully vetted 3-yr-old chocolate lab weighing approx. 55 pounds to Albany, NY (12202) or any surrounding airport

Is there a possibility we could work this flight out? Thanks for all you do!!

Laurie Cortright
Granville County SPARE Virtual Shelter
919-725-2771
lbcortright

Postby Meekie on Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:04 pm

David:
Never mind! I got some one to drive the dog from NY to Linden NJ. The dog is now in NC and in a very happy forever home!!!
Meekie

Postby molly817 on Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:11 pm

Hi David,
I am somewhat new to the area and live in Ashburn VA. I am a former airline pilot and most recently worked for Cape Air, flying C-402's, but had to give that up due to our relocation. I registered with this group but do not have my own airplane, so if you would like someone to fly with I would love the opportunity to come along on any rescue flights. You can email me anytime. smd529@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Suzanne
molly817

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services