Southern California Pilot

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Southern California Pilot

Postby jduino on Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:33 pm

Greetings!

I'm a VFR pilot (working on IFR) based out of Fullerton (KFUL). I have access to 172's and 182's.
Can easily do 200-300 miles trips without too much notice. Much beyond that requires more
advanced notice.

What a wonderful site and concept and I look forward to helping out however I can.

Glad to see you are working on 801c3 status. It may seem daunting at first but it is a
fairly straightforward process.

Little additional note...I don't read the board religiously, so I apologize to those that tried to contact me within the messages below. Please contact me directly via email or instant messenger...it's the fastest way to get ahold of me.

John
Last edited by jduino on Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jduino

Re: Southern California Pilot

Postby IndianSummersResQ on Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:18 am

Would you be able to transport 1 rescued dog from Canton, Ohio or Cleveland, Ohio to Malibu, Ca ?
IndianSummersResQ

Postby Debi on Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:31 am

IndianSummersResQ wrote:Would you be able to transport 1 rescued dog from Canton, Ohio or Cleveland, Ohio to Malibu, Ca ?

Hi there,

Your request from Ohio to CA is beyond the capabilities of a small plane pilot transport. Generally speaking, small plane pilots have a travel distance of around 300 miles. Your request is simply too far. But don't give up...we have several commercial aviation members who are listed under the commercial aviation section of the board. Please look through that section and see if anyone listed has this route available or can advise you on how to go about obtaining assistance.

Thanks
Debi
Debi
Co-founder

Postby Beth99 on Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:58 pm

Would you be able to transport a dog from Orange County to Flagstaff, AZ?
Beth99

Postby gzandona on Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:48 am

Hello my name is Geno; I am a young commercial pilot looking to build some additional flight time. I saw a blurb about your operation in our local news and decided to check out your website. I am very interested in your organization however your website can be a bit hard to navigate. Anyhow I am writing to you with a few questions:1. Do I need to own a plane to volunteer?2. What are your requirements to volunteer as a pilot?3. If I happen to meet your requirements how do I volunteer?I currently have 1350hrs total time and living in Apple Valley, CA, however I am very often in the Sacramento area, and the Southern OR, area.Thank you very much for your time.
gzandona

Postby clayseddon on Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:12 am

Im a pilot out of the Palm Springs area and would be willing to transport animals in the CA, AZ or Nevada area. I have a 172 and 210. please let me know. 760 397 5971.
clayseddon

Postby JERRY S. on Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:12 am

I wanted to take the time to personally welcome you & thank you for joining pilot & paws.
I can tell you that this will be a very fun & rewarding experiance.

I suggest you start by looking @ the bulletion board under animals needing transportation in your area.
Sometimes these rescues do not know the capabilities of pilots & airplanes so we tend to be proactive & help them out.

If you have any questions or need any help please feel free to contact me @ JTS42481@aol.com.

Once again welcome aboard!

Jerry
JERRY S.

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services