Northern NJ/KCDW

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Northern NJ/KCDW

Postby Tom N. on Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:13 am

Hi. My name is Tom. Fly out of Caldwell (Essex County) just outside of NYC. I fly C172s so there are some size restrictions. Cats (multiple) are fine. Dogs would have to be small to medium size (probably 25lbs max). Weight isn't the issue, but getting anything bigger than a medium size pet carrier in and out of an 172 is.

Currently have two cats. Have enjoyed the companionship of cats and dogs all my life, so what this group is doing really appeals to me.

IFR rated. Working on my commercial, so could use the flight time.

Am able to fly week days. Weekends are more difficult, but might be able to work something out. I can be contacted via email through this board.

Stay safe.

Tn
Tom N.

Re: Northern NJ/KCDW

Postby JERRY S. on Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:51 am

Hey Tom,

I also fly out of CDW, as well as LDJ. I am a SEL & MEL airplane & helicopter pilot, IFR rated.
I frequently fly rescue flights out of CDW.

The best way to get started is to look & the "Animal Needing Transport Forum" & look for flights in which u think u could help.
Rescues often do understand our Limitations as pilots so it works better when we are proactive & see a rescue or part of a rescue that u think u could help out on. Also remember to always keep our own limitations in mind & explain them to the rescues.

If there is any way I can help or if u ever need help w/ a rescue or just want a second pilot to ride along, please feel free to contact me @ JTS42481@aol.com

Jerry
JERRY S.

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services