Chesapeake,VA KCPK

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Chesapeake,VA KCPK

Postby admin on Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:12 pm

username: mchutto on Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:55 pm

Hi all,

My name is Marty Hutto and I am based at KCPK in Chesapeake, VA. I fly a Piper Cherokee 140. She's a little slow but still a great airplane. I'm proud to offer my limited services to promote the adoption of our true companions by loving humans.

My wife and I have three Tibetan Terriers and one Japanese Chin. The first two Tibetans were planned. The other Tibetan and the Chin are rescues.

I can fly rescue on weekends when the weather cooperates. Unless there are extremely pressing circumstances, I need to limit trips to less than 500 miles total.

My wife refuses to fly with me. Trust me, it's not because of my piloting skills, she just doesn't like small planes. The children love it, but they can't convince Mom to try it. Maybe this operation will change her mind. In the meantime, I'm open for a critter caregiver to fly the right seat if there are any near Chesapeake, VA.

Hey, this is flying with a purpose, not just another $100 hamburger!

mchutto@cox.net <mchutto@cox.net>
admin
Site Admin

Re: Chesapeake,VA KCPK

Postby JERRY S. on Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:18 pm

Hello,

I fly out of the Northern NJ area CDW, as well as LDJ. I am a SEL & MEL airplane & helicopter pilot, IFR rated.
I frequently fly rescue flights out of CDW.

The best way to get started is to look & the "Animal Needing Transport Forum" & look for flights in which u think u could help.
Rescues often do understand our Limitations as pilots so it works better when we are proactive & see a rescue or part of a rescue that u think u could help out on. Also remember to always keep our own limitations in mind & explain them to the rescues.

If there is any way I can help or if u ever need help please feel free to contact me @ JTS42481@aol.com

Safe Flying

JERRY S.

PS
My mom never flew with my dad, for the same reason, I am just glad my dad took me, or I would have missed the beauty of flying.
JERRY S.

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services