Northeastern PA

DO NOT LIST ANIMALS NEEDING TRANSPORT UNDER THIS SECTION! This Forum is for PILOTS ONLY to list their volunteer services to transport needy animals. Pilots, please list your name, email, phone number, type of aircraft, aircraft weight capacity/size, your general availability, and any other pertinent information. ** For privacy, if you include your email and phone number only in your profile then that will only be available to confirmed members. Otherwise it will be for public viewing.
All user requests for transport must be done via PM or email.

Northeastern PA

Postby NConsult on Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:01 pm

My name is Rick Nardone and with a little notice, I can be available for transports. I am an Angel Flight Volunteer, and have been involved in dog rescues up and down the Mid Atlantic States for a number of years. I have a twin Beech Baron, IFR rating and flying out of Wilkes Barre Scranton, PA, KAVP. I can be reached at NConsult@aol.com
NConsult

Re: Northeastern PA

Postby JERRY S. on Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:09 am

Hello Rick,

I fly out of the Northern NJ area CDW, as well as LDJ. I am a SEL & MEL airplane & helicopter pilot, IFR rated.
I frequently fly rescue flights out of CDW. I am also an Angel Flight Volunteer too.

The best way to get started is to look & the "Animal Needing Transport Forum" & look for flights in which u think u could help.
Rescues often do understand our Limitations as pilots so it works better when we are proactive & see a rescue or part of a rescue that u think u could help out on. Also remember to always keep our own limitations in mind & explain them to the rescues.

If there is any way I can help or if u ever need help w/ a rescue or just want a second pilot to ride along, please feel free to contact me @ JTS42481@aol.com

Welcome aboard!

JERRY S.
JERRY S.

Postby gaylelay on Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:36 pm

Dear Rick:

Good morning... Saw your post... Need to move two 40 lb Aussies next weekend (Feb 14th/15th) from Roanoke, VA to foster homes in Bath, PA and Schuylkill Haven, PA (Both foster homes are willing to drive a bit to pick up the puppers... They are both about an hr or so from your home base AP in Wilkes-Barre/Scranton PA... Both dogs would be fully vetted...

Am I correct in thinking your plane is big enough to handle two dogs? I look forward to hearing back from you...

Sincerely,

Gayle Lay
VA ARPH Rep
http://www.aussierecue.org
muttluv@comcast.net
gaylelay

Postby admin on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:20 pm

gaylelay wrote:Dear Rick:
Good morning... Saw your post... Need to move two 40 lb Aussies next weekend (Feb 14th/15th) from Roanoke, VA to foster homes in Bath, PA and Schuylkill Haven, PA Gayle Lay
VA ARPH Rep
http://www.aussierecue.org
muttluv@comcast.net

Hi Gayle and welcome Rick!!

Ok, once again for the new folks. Please contact pilots privately via email, if they have theirs listed, or through the private message feature on this board. Just remember that you need to be logged in here to receive the private messages. If you ask for assistance with transport on the Pilots Volunteer board, other pilots who may also be able to assist you will not see your request! Your animal transport request needs to go under the Animals Needing Transport request board, not as a reply to a pilot on the pilots board.

I know this can be confusing, but if everyone would please read the guidelines for posting the instructions are all there! If we allow posting requests for transport on the pilots board, then other pilots will miss your request because you have not listed it under the Animals Needing Transport board for them to see.

Thanks for your cooperation.

admin
admin
Site Admin

Postby rylan01 on Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:02 pm

Welcome to Pilots N Paws and Thank You for volunteering to fly transports.

One of the best ways to get to know how PNP works is to go the homepage and read the information found under "Suggested Guidelines for Pilots" and "Pilots N Paws Flyer." Next, look under "Pilots Volunteer Board, Animals Transport Board, Discussion Forum." Lastly, read the areas under "Board Index", (there are several headings there: General Discussions, Animals Needing Transport, Pilots Volunteering Services, etc).

If you have questions or suggestions, please contact the email address at pilotsnpaws@gmail.com.

Again, thank you for joining and volunteering to save the lives of many animals who deserve a second chance.

Sarah Murphy Case
rylan01

Return to Listing: Pilots Volunteering Services