Joplin, MO to Knoxville, TN

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
jdcpilot

Joplin, MO to Knoxville, TN

Post by jdcpilot » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:37 pm

PILOTS N PAWS RESCUE FLIGHT for DOGS ORPHANED BY TORNADO

This flight was requested by Karen Aquino , Manager of the Joplin, MO Humane Society.

The two dogs were adopted by Mike Bettes, reporter for the Weather Channel and his Girl Friend Allison Chinchar of Nashville. Allison, like Mike, reports the weather on a Nashville TV Station. Mike covered the terrible Joplin Tornado live. He has already named his new Golden, Joplyn!!

My good friend Jeff Parrott of Knoxville went along with me on the flight and took mnay pictures and video. Jeff will be uploading a You Tube Video of the flight soon. Also, TWC will be airing the rescue flight in a few days.

This flight was extra special for me since I grew up in MO, on a farm not far from Joplin. Prior to our landing at Joplin, we circled the city. 1/3 of the city is gone. The tornado went right down the middle of the city. The death toll is now 158 so please continue to keep Joplin, MO in your thoughts and prayers.

The flight went vey well but we did have to deal with numerous Thunderstorms.

Thanks to all and a VERY SPECIAL THANKS goes to Karen Aquino of the JHS and Mike and Allie for adopting the dogs.

Jim Carney
Pilot for PNP
DSC_0012.JPG
Karen Aquino, Jackie Turosik of the JHS, Bill Shepherd of the Joplin Globe, John Hacken of the Carthage Press and myself in the middle.
Joplyn.JPG
Golden Girl Joplyn in flight. She was a big LOVE BUG!!
Allie 2.JPG
Allison who met us at the Knoxville Downtown Airport.