First PnP ride; a little different version

Heartwarming photos and videos of our rescued friends.
chuckrox51
Zip Code: 61822
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KCMI
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

First PnP ride; a little different version

Post by chuckrox51 » Mon May 12, 2014 11:12 pm

So did my first PnP transport yesterday but not how it was originally planned. After planning to to go down to Aiken, SC (KAIK) from Chicago and pick up a beautiful Boykin Spaniel named Pickers, Mother Nature decided not to play nice. I couldn't bring myself to tell Pickers' new best friend, Tom, that this wasn't going to happen. So I bought a commercial ticket and went down anyway.

I met Mitzi from the South Carolina Boykin Rescue and Pickers at the Augusta airport. Luck seemed to be on our side as we missed the pet embargo by 4 days which would have prevented us from going. Last hurdle was the bad weather along the route but after a short delay, we were on our way home.

I met Tom and his dad at Midway for the delivery and while we waited for Pickers, I got to hear about Tom's Dad's stories from his Naval service during the Vietnam war. What a true hero. When Pickers arrived, no one could keep still. A new bond was made and my job was done.

Not the typical PnP story but it was still one I wanted to tell. So proud to be a part of this amazing group. Hopefully next time I will have a new co-pilot.

Keep flying and stay safe.

Jason
Jason Christensen
C172, P28A
ATP AMEL, Commercial Pilot ASEL, IFR Rated
Lear 40/45/70/75 and CE-500 PIC type rated