12/4 -Up to 15 pups from high-kill to no-kill adoption event

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
DorrieH

12/4 -Up to 15 pups from high-kill to no-kill adoption event

Post by DorrieH » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:29 pm

****UPDATE 12/4/10: THANK YOU to Abe, Jay, Ralph, Jake & Walter for flying all 11 of the dogs to safety today! They all arrived safely and will be featured all week before our big adoption event next week when they'll find their forever homes! It's wonderful what you all do to save animals - thank you!! :D ***

***UPDATE 11/30/10, 11:15amEST: We currently have a pilot who has volunteered for this leg of the journey. If it falls through (or when it is completed) I will repost/update this posting. Please know that what you are doing is so appreciated by your terra firma, fellow rescuers! Thank you!!****

Number of animals being transported: Up to 15 small/med sized puppies/dogs
Breeds, weight, age: based on size of volunteers' aircrafts; all animals are young (2 yrs or under) and most are small
Health Condition: Fully vetted by Dr. Gloria Andrews of Colbert Animal Hospital, Colbert, GA. Spay/neutered, rabies/dhhlp/canine influenza vaccines, dewormed, deflead/ticked
Heart worm Status: Tested, negative.
Vaccinations: all - fully vetted by Dr. Gloria Andrews (Colbert Animal Hospital, Colbert, GA)
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Yes!
Special needs: None, transport in provided crates is all that is necessary
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties: Dr. Gloria Andrews (Colbert Animal Hospital/Colbert Veterinary Rescue (non profit no kill) is sending; Dorrie Harris, Pres of The Alliance In Limiting Strays (TAILS), Westport, CT is receiving
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): [email protected], [email protected] or through this forum

Additional Info/situation:

We are seeking help from a pilot to bring up to 15 small to medium sized dogs/puppies from KHBI Asheboro, NC (zip: 27203) to KOXB Ocean City, MD (zip: 21811) on Saturday, Dec 4th (raindate: Sunday, Dec 5th) -- please can you help us? This is the SECOND of THREE legs of a transport we are planning and this leg is 285nm; leg 3 already has a volunteer pilot signed up we are in need of legs #1 & #2. These dogs are flying up to TAILS Puppy Palooza adoption rescue event and a chance at a new life! (The dogs are being flown up the weekend before the adoption event and will stay at a local kennel who has offered to care for them, for free, for the week.) The full, proposed flight itinerary is:

KAHN Athens, GA to KHBI Asheboro, NC (I98 nm)
KHBI Asheboro, NC to KOXB Ocean City, MD (285 nm)
KOXB Ocean City, MD to KBDR Bridgeport, CT (196 nm) <----have a pilot for this leg

The dogs were rescued from high kill shelters or directly off the streets and taken in, fully vetted, loved and - through a collaboration between Colbert Veterinary Rescue Services (Colbert, GA) and The Alliance in Limiting Strays (TAILS, Westport, CT) are being brought to the TAILS Puppy Palooza adoption event to be held on Dec 10, 11, 12th. The event is the 2nd Annual Puppy Palooza event - which is for rescue-only animals. At last year's event we had all of the animals at the event adopted - all 98 of them (89 at the event, 9 went into foster then placed in forever homes). These are GREAT dogs (I actually adopted one of them!). There is more information on our event at http://www.tailsct.org - you can see the descriptions/pictures of the dogs and all event details.

Please let me know if you think you can help - we would greatly appreciate your help!
Thank you very much for everything you all are doing! Having worked with PNP for two other flights I know how much of an impact you are making - and it's terrific!
Regards,
Dorrie (TAILS)
Last edited by DorrieH on Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

N2522F

Re: 12/4 -Up to 15 pups from high-kill to no-kill adoption e

Post by N2522F » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:36 am

I am based in the DC area and can do the leg from NC to Ocean City, MD.

But I am also working on other rescues as well this coming weekend, so I need to know ASAP if this is going to happen on Sat or not. (Sat is WX is foretasted to be good.)

- Mike Young

DorrieH

Post by DorrieH » Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:10 am

Hi - and thank you! I have rec'd word from another pilot via PM who said they could help and I am awaiting confirmation back from an email I sent (very late) last night. I do not want to hold you up if you have another rescue and more animals can be helped. I am cautiously optimistic that this will work out and very much appreciate your offer and everything that you are doing for us (the terra firma crowd :) ).

Fly high and fast!
Best,
Dorrie
TAILS

N2522F

Post by N2522F » Tue Nov 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Dorrie

I have nothing firm on Sat yet. But the other rescue too is a two-leg flight from NC to upstate NY. They are working on getting a flight from the DC/Balt area to NY.

http://www.pilotsnpaws.org/forum/viewto ... 666#p27666

I can fly Sat, Sun or Monday, though, for either this or the other flight. Lots of moving parts. Need them to mesh.

The good news is the WX is forecast to be good Sat - Mon.

And yes, I fly high (up to 25,000 ft ) and fast (235 MPH typically) in my Columbia 400. :) But with dogs on board, I stay below 12,000 ft. (Don't have O2 for them.)

- Mike