Transport needed for Rhod. Ridgeback from TX to CO.

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
CeliaRobinson
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: No
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Transport needed for Rhod. Ridgeback from TX to CO.

Post by CeliaRobinson » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Dear Pilots,

Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue, INC has one Rhodesian Ridgeback male needing transport from Texas to his new home in Colorado. Conner is a sweet 90 pound neutered male who was born on 8/25/09 (15 months old). His health is excellent with a negative Heartworm test and vaccines (Rabies, DHLPP, Bordatella) updated on 11/05/10. A health certificate will be obtained within 10 days of a scheduled flight. He has no special needs. Conner is a calm boy so he can ride with a harness and seat belt or in a crate.

Conner is currently being fostered by Celia Robinson in Kilgore, TX, but he can be moved to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area for a departure.

His new family will be meeting the plane in Colorado. They live in Broomfield, CO. Broomfield is north of Denver so the new family can meet a plane at any area airport.

This transport will probably need to be done in two or three legs. If you are willing to do any part of the flight, please let me know.

If you can help, please email direct to [email protected] or call either 903-984-5042 (home) or 903-520-1845 (cell). For non-profit organizational information, please see website: http://www.ridgebackrescue.org .

Please help Conner reach his new home before Christmas.

Thanks!

Celia

Celia Robinson
Rhodesian Ridgeback Rescue, Inc.
Last edited by CeliaRobinson on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

squeege
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KLUD

Re: Transport needed for Rhod. Ridgeback from TX to CO.

Post by squeege » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:23 pm

I am available to fly the dog from KGGG (Gregg County Airport, TX) to KDHT (Dalhart, TX) Thursday December 2, 2010 if we can get a second leg pilot to pick up in Dalhart in the afternoon.

Louise Scudieri
[email protected]

CeliaRobinson

Post by CeliaRobinson » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:13 pm

Louise,

Thank you! I will let you know if I get an offer from another pilot. You are my first reply. Celia

hillbillyflyer

Post by hillbillyflyer » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:46 pm

Hi all, I fly out of Jeffco and I think I could possibly do the KDHT to KBJC. Please let me know what we are looking at as far as dates. I am a college student with a full time job, just so you know, but I am very willing to make this work. Thanks.
Andrew

CeliaRobinson

Post by CeliaRobinson » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 am

Hi Andrew,

This is wonderful!! Could you do the flight on 12/02/10? This is the day Louise is available to do the Gregg Co to Dalhart flight. I am excited!!

Thank You!

Celia

watson14

Post by watson14 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:37 pm

Hi Celia,

I will be glad to help. However, I will be out of town until Saturday morning, 4 Dec. I should have my computer with me so if something can be arranged, I can volunteer. If I go to Longview to pick up Conner, I can go as far as Tulsa or Oklahoma City area. If I leave from Dallas (Addison), then I can go as far as Amarillo.

I can see from the PNP website that you have some volunteers which is great. However, if the transport falls apart, I am available.

John Watson
[email protected]

hillbillyflyer

Post by hillbillyflyer » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:05 am

I cannot do thursday. I have class in the morning and work in the afternoon. Tuesdays and Wednesday afternoons are when I am available. Let me know. Thanks. Andrew

squeege

Post by squeege » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:44 pm

I am still available to take Conner from east Texas to Dalhart on Thursday, Dec 2 if we can find a pilot for the second leg from Dalhart to Denver area.

Louise

squeege

Post by squeege » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:01 pm

Celia,

Conner did great. Greg & Sharon's kennel was a little too small for him, so he was really excited to get the harness put on & actually leaped into the leg 2 plane with Greg in the backseat! Buckle fit perfect.

It was great to meet you, thanks for all you do,

Louise

CeliaRobinson

Post by CeliaRobinson » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:26 pm

Louise, Gregg, and Sharon,

I am so gald the trip went well. Louise and I had a battle with Conner about the crate, but thank goodness we won the battle. Louise is very patient and a good problem solver.

Mike Doyle called me when they had Conner in the car. They are thrilled with their big boy....as they should be! He is a great dog.

Many thanks to you all for giving Conner a new home for Christmas.

Celia