THANK U FRANK~& ALL OFFERS! 2 Tripod dogs Sat, Jan 8th.

Transport requests are moved to this forum when they are marked 'DONE'.
mydogposse

THANK U FRANK~& ALL OFFERS! 2 Tripod dogs Sat, Jan 8th.

Post by mydogposse » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:52 pm

Number of animals being transported: 2
Breeds, weight, age: Border Collie Mix, American Bulldog Mix (maybe some hound?)
Health Condition: Good
Heart worm Status: Negative for both
Vaccinations: UTD for both
Health Certificate: Yes
Spay/Neutered: Yes
Special needs: Both have a front leg amputation. They do well, can go up and down stairs. They might need help getting in and out of the plane. Both are complete cuddle muffins!
Name of Sending & Receiving Rescue/Parties: Pam Boyce sending; Dogs Deserve Better receiving
Contact information (publicly viewable on forum): Mala Brady 970-391-4821 [email protected] Tiffany Nicole 505-269-5775 [email protected]
Additional Info/situation:

We are trying to get this leg, from Millersburg, KY to St. Louis, MO, of their journey done through PNP. The rest of their trip will be by ground transport. Gilbert will go to his adopter in OK City, OK and Juno will go on to Albuquerque, NM...

Now for Juno and Gilbert's story:

These two sweeties have been in boarding for months and are desperate to move on with their lives. They were pulled from a kill shelter in NC by a rescue that abandoned them and left them in boarding. Pam with Seven Star Sanctuary came across them and offered to help. She found an individual in OK that has adopted Gilbert and she found the rep for Dogs Deserve Better in NM to take Juno. Both doggies have had legs amputated. Gilbert was picked up as a stray by the NC kill shelter. He had leg wounds on his right front leg that the kill shelter treated with antibiotics as they thought he had been in a fight. However, when he was pulled and vetted it was discovered that he had been shot. His leg was shattered into 60 pieces with buckshot still in his leg. Pam and Seven Star Sanctuary had their vet do the surgery on Gilbert. When Juno was pulled from the NC kill shelter, he was left in boarding for months with a broken elbow on his front left leg that was left untreated. Again, Pam and Seven Star Sanctuary stepped in and had their vet do the surgery on Juno.

If is wasn't for Pam and Seven Star Sanctuary and the others stepping in to help these two precious dogs, they would have remained forgotten souls.

Please, if any can help it will be such a wonderful way to start this New Year!! Thank you for all you do helping to get our animal friends to their new homes!! Four pilots got our sweet Angel to us from Whiteville, NC a couple of months ago. Since then I have been helping with several PNP transports. Everyone one of you that I have had the pleasure to work with has made such a difference!! All of you pilots are so wonderful!! Thanks so much!!

Mala Brady
Attachments
GILBERT--TRIPOD_DOG[1].jpg
GILBERT--TRIPOD_DOG[1].jpg (10.53 KiB) Viewed 214 times
Last edited by mydogposse on Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

fsteeves
Zip Code: 53070
Foster?: Yes
Pilot?: Yes
Airport identifier: KSBM
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 Tripod dogs desperate for flight Sat, Jan 8th.

Post by fsteeves » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:54 pm

There is a possibiilty that I could do this on Saturday, weather permitting for a VFR flight. Please call me at 314-277-4290.

Frank Steeves
N8434E

gwenerdog001
Foster?: No
Pilot?: Yes
Distance willing to fly one way: 0

Re: 2 Tripod dogs desperate for flight Sat, Jan 8th.

Post by gwenerdog001 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Pam, Mala, and Tiffany -

Is this flight still needed? I am unavailable this weekend but might be able to do it (weather permitting - IFR OK but no ice) during Thursday, 13 through Saturday, 15 January.

Thanks,

Bill Carrier
william.l.carrier@boeing com